• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Guys I'm so sorry I'm ending my life tonight you guys have been the best friends I've ever had but I k of I'll never be truly happy I'm so sorry I love you guys more than anything in the world I'm sorry
You're not going to have everything all perfect exactly the way you want things to be. That's just unrealistic for pretty much everyone, but that doesnt mean that you wont find happiness in your life. You are going through a time of change right now but from the sounds of it, things are moving forward. It seems silly not to want to see where they go especially if they are going to turn out for the better. Although you might not think so right now, happiness could indeed be headed your way. You definitely wont find happiness through taking your life.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Guys I'm so sorry I'm ending my life tonight you guys have been the best friends I've ever had but I k of I'll never be truly happy I'm so sorry I love you guys more than anything in the world I'm sorry
Suicide isn't the answer. Everybody goes through rough patches, some more than others, but everything has a way to work itself out in the end. It just takes time. The time leading up to when that happens could end up being the hardest few weeks, even months, of your life, but after the struggles are over and you find happiness (which you will, there is 0 doubt about that), you'll realize that it was worth going through if it means you can live a happy life with the ones you love.

Point is, don't lose hope. It could take months, a year even, but everything will get better in the end. We care about you here and we'd hate to see you do this to yourself. You'll find happiness, you'll find your purpose. It will come to you. Everybody goes through hard times, but once you pull through them, you'll find your happiness that you so eagerly desire.

We love you, Petter loves you, and your family loves you. Don't ever think any different. If you ever need to talk to people, this is one of the safest places to do so. Don't lose hope in yourself. Please. You will find happiness and stability.

:hug:

Last edited:
What Deus said. Also please keep in mind that we love you, and you're going to hurt us if you go. Not just a little, but incredibly so. If we're truly the best friends you've ever had, then treat us as such. I've told you before about how I feel about my mother having left me behind. I don't want to go through that again. This may sound selfish, but seeing as you can't seem to find a reason to keep on living for yourself, you might aswell do it for others. Please don't disappoint me now.

Mido

Version 1

@Link Floyd, I know that you are currently logged out, but if you so choose to check back here, please, please read this:

I ultimately cannot dictate what you decide to do, but I can tell you this. I think I speak for many a ZD'er, heck, many a person when I say that you just may be one of the most talented, lively, and good-natured individuals that we know. I cannot claim to say that I understand your situation in the fullest, but I urge you, despite all of that, to reflect upon the good and beautiful things in your life. Those things, believe it or not, in relishing them, may just bring in the happiness that you seek! I'd hate to steal some of Deus's thunder, but he makes a good point. Happiness may not always be present, and a perfect set of circumstances may not always make themselves apparent; however, happiness will arrive. Just stay nimble, stay ready! You can do this! Suicide is not the answer, as previously noted, and if you need anything, you know that we're all here to help! :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In jan 1989 I lost my father to suicide. My parents were divorced since 1984 so he wasn't living with us ever since. No signal, nothing and bam he was gone. Even though he was a total ass and someone I had no respect for, it still left an impact. You might think there is no light at the end of the tunnel but there always is. Your light is petter and I also think people on here often showed you how much they cared about you. I'm one of them @Link Floyd . You have no idea what damage you'll do to those you leave behind. It sounds selfish and harsh but it is the truth and I talk about experience. The damage you'll do and the gap you'll leave behind will be huge. I hope you read this and come to your senses and rather seek help for whatever is troubling you than leaving like this girl. We love you and care for you madly.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire

I've nearly lost two friends to suicide, I plan on keeping that count at 0. Whatever troubles you, it seems like you have plenty who will listen to you, and I'd be one of them as well. Don't think I'm doing this out of pity, or some moral obligation. I've also delved into the thoughts of ending my life. I'm all too familiar with depression, and it's weight on the mind. Ending your life won't fix your problems. In my family, we view suicide as the ultimate form of running away from one's problems. I know you are stronger than that.

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Also my girlfriend of 6 months, who I thought was the love of my life, just broke up with me. One of many of her reasons was because I wouldn't have sex with her, which really sucks, plus just the usuals: we should focus on ourselves, I just don't feel the same anymore. This is coming from the girl who two days ago said she would love me forever, never leave, and wouldn't let that stuff get in the way of us working. It's just weird how much people can change in two days. Luckily I had a really great weekend so I didn't like kill myself right away. Rn i'm questioning reality and trying to stay alive and breathe and stuff. I just thought it was real, I believed all the things she said to me. i didn't expect this post to be so long, sorry, but I'm freaking out rn. It was my first big break up and I have no idea how to deal with it. I haven't cried in ages until today, and I've done plenty of that. The worst part is she was kinda like one of my 2 only friends, so now I'm even more of a loner and I have no one at school. Anyway yeah I just need some comfort cuz my life feels like it's all over.

Also my girlfriend of 6 months, who I thought was the love of my life, just broke up with me. One of many of her reasons was because I wouldn't have sex with her, which really sucks, plus just the usuals: we should focus on ourselves, I just don't feel the same anymore. This is coming from the girl who two days ago said she would love me forever, never leave, and wouldn't let that stuff get in the way of us working. It's just weird how much people can change in two days. Luckily I had a really great weekend so I didn't like kill myself right away. Rn i'm questioning reality and trying to stay alive and breathe and stuff. I just thought it was real, I believed all the things she said to me. i didn't expect this post to be so long, sorry, but I'm freaking out rn. It was my first big break up and I have no idea how to deal with it. I haven't cried in ages until today, and I've done plenty of that. The worst part is she was kinda like one of my 2 only friends, so now I'm even more of a loner and I have no one at school. Anyway yeah I just need some comfort cuz my life feels like it's all over.

What you're feeling is completely normal, especially if this was the first serious relationship you've ever been in. You shouldn't be too hard on yourself. Taking some time off during the weekend to enjoy yourself was the right thing to do.

The thing about relationships in high school is that a lot of people are testing the waters. There are certainly some people who want to take it farther than that, but many simply want to experience what it feels like to have a significant other. A good chunk of high schoolers want to take it that extra step and have sex rather early. I think it's good that you communicated you didn't want to have sex with your girlfriend. It's important to be open about such things in a relationship. Let's be honest, not every 16 year old boy is going to agree to have sex because there could be some serious repercussions. You should take things at your own pace.

Right now, I think you should find a trusted adult or classmate you should talk to. You mentioned you might only have one other close friend, but if you can find a peer you can have an open and honest conversation with, and who you know can keep the discussion private, it's a lot healthier to express your feelings to someone than keeping them bottled up inside. If you want to turn to an adult instead, your parents or a school counselor are good options. If the problem persists, I definitely recommend seeing a therapist who can teach you positive behavioral techniques with a possible supplement of medicine if you feel that helps you. If you opt to talk to one or both of your parents, you'll definitely be embarrassed at first, but I can guarantee you they felt the same as teenagers, and they want the best for their son.

Once all of this has calmed down a bit, I believe you can take some valuable lessons from this experience. It's important to let your SO know your feelings towards sex pretty early on. It would be awkward to bring it up on a first date, but a third or fourth date would be fair game. Even more importantly, you now have the valuable life experience of knowing that people don't always say what they mean. Their emotions can be fleeting. At such a young age, people are less committed to their boyfriend or girlfriend than when they mature a few years in college.

The first time you lose something dear to you is definitely the hardest, so I hope you can stay strong through this break-up.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm off to my favourite restaurant tonight. My friend from University is leaving as he is going back to his home city. So we are having a last meal there before he goes.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Link Floyd
I know I'm a little late.... But let me tell you that I have been there. And no. Don't. Not going through with it was the best decision ever made. A measly 4 years after: I have met the love of my life of which we have been dating for over 3 years, I have become one of the best potential people within my career field for college, I have met some of the coolest people of my life, including you, I have a beautiful little puppy that's just amazing. I would have never thought that I would be where I am with life. But everything got better when I let it get better. Look at the bright side of things, and work with what you have!
Hey, it's okay. It really is. Do you remember how stupid relationships are in middle school? You will eventually see that high school is the same thing(with a couple of exceptions).

As for dealing with it. There really is no better thing to mend than time. Just go, live your life! It's a huge world out there. Go do something you have never done before! Do something exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom