• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'm a collossal ****up. Just noticed I've lost my bank card. I have about six Euros in cash left, my bank doesn't open again until Tuesday because of the Easter holidays, and I'm pretty much screwed now. This happened precisely one week after I went to see a band and left the ticket at home, making me wonder if years of smoking weed may have actually left some permanent damage. I don't smoke pot anymore, and I don't even drink these days, so why does this happen to me? >.>
Do you at least have food and stuff?
You could maybe get just like $50 from a friend, just to help you out and you could pay them back right afterwards.

Do you at least have food and stuff?
You could maybe get just like $50 from a friend, just to help you out and you could pay them back right afterwards.

Yeah, it's not like I can't get by. It's more that I'm seriously worried about my mental state, because no one who's sober should be this spaced out.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm a collossal ****up. Just noticed I've lost my bank card. I have about six Euros in cash left, my bank doesn't open again until Tuesday because of the Easter holidays, and I'm pretty much screwed now. This happened precisely one week after I went to see a band and left the ticket at home, making me wonder if years of smoking weed may have actually left some permanent damage. I don't smoke pot anymore, and I don't even drink these days, so why does this happen to me? >.>

This is pretty common. People tend to say THC doesn't cause permanent effects on memory, but it can cause issues if the brain isn't fully formed when you first start smoking (smoking before adulthood). Research some memory exercises. A simple one is getting a set of playing cards. The first morning, flip the top card and memorize it. Put it back face down for the day. Before bed see if you can still memorize it. If you can, on the second day memorize that first card AND the next card in the sequence. Keep going until you fail, in which case shuffle and start again the next day. This helps build long term memory storage, but you can also work on short term memory and memory under pressure (like if you're late to go somewhere and scrambling, you have a better chance to remember to bring things you need, like tickets)

Thanks a bunch, I'll try that.

As for the pot thing, I thought about this, and I don't think that caused it, because I was always like this, even as a young child. If anything it might have made it a little worse, or kept me from overcoming it.

For some reason I thought you were Canadian not European.

Dan

This is pretty common. People tend to say THC doesn't cause permanent effects on memory, but it can cause issues if the brain isn't fully formed when you first start smoking (smoking before adulthood). Research some memory exercises. A simple one is getting a set of playing cards. The first morning, flip the top card and memorize it. Put it back face down for the day. Before bed see if you can still memorize it. If you can, on the second day memorize that first card AND the next card in the sequence. Keep going until you fail, in which case shuffle and start again the next day. This helps build long term memory storage, but you can also work on short term memory and memory under pressure (like if you're late to go somewhere and scrambling, you have a better chance to remember to bring things you need, like tickets)

Neat, I'm going to do this for Soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom