• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Link Floyd
One other thing you can do, is you can go to a college there.

A law of immigration in Europe is that if you are going to school in Europe, than you cannot be deported. They will have to grant you permit.
You could go to a music school and become even better.

As a student of college, you will be able to stay in there, so long as yourself and Pendio can afford. That will buy you some time until you could potentially get married.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love reading week! Gives me a chance to actually get out and explore the world, who knew that there was so much to do outside of my school. I sure didn't, I should go outside more often!

Jokes aside, I actually do enjoy reading week because it gives me a chance to get things done that otherwise would have been obstructed by classes. And I'm going to Disturbed on Friday. So great, this week couldn't have come at a better time!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I received an acceptance letter to VCU! This isn't my top choice, but it's the first response I've received, so I know that I WILL be attending college next year.

Hopeful that I get accepted into the other schools I applied to though.
listen up goy, don't do the university thing unless you are one of three things
1) lined up with a job after the end of your term
2) have a scholarship
3) parents are paying for it

junior college then transferring is infinitely superior to just going to university!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well that's the difference b/w the upper class and the proles, Tristan. While the average joe is "struggling to make it", the rich people will put aside college funds and direct their childrens' every moves. That's why certain people are successful in terms of entering the upper mid and upper classes, and others aren't. I learned that the hard way.

longstory short, college is a scam unless you're getting in at a reduced price or totally free, or are doing a major that will net you a high paying job.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Well that's the difference b/w the upper class and the proles, Tristan. While the average joe is "struggling to make it", the rich people will put aside college funds and direct their childrens' every moves. That's why certain people are successful in terms of entering the upper mid and upper classes, and others aren't. I learned that the hard way.

longstory short, college is a scam unless you're getting in at a reduced price or totally free, or are doing a major that will net you a high paying job.

This is quite a common occurrence in South England actually. I remember when I was at this centre which teaches you to drive, the Teacher asked us all what cars we planned on buying after we've learned to drive and this one girl said something about an automatic pristine condition old school mini, the teacher laughed and said "Yeah that's quite a lot of money for your first car" and she laughed and said "Oh it's fine I have a rich Daddy". I literally wanted to throw a tennis ball right into her fat red lips the second she said that! She had everything paid for her and I saw her often in TV ads too which didn't help.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm paying through the roof for my schooling and it's gonna be really hard for my career to take off after my degree is finished, but I can already tell it's the right thing to do. I agree that college funds are way too high for, well, any person to be able to realistically afford it, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it. In my case, you get what you pay for on that not only am I learning more than I ever have, but I'm having a blast doing it alongside people who have mutual interests. It's a fantastic experience and it really does open up tons of job opportunities, no matter what your major is. It may be expensive and will most likely put you in debt, but it's all worth it in the end. I've never been more glad with a decision than I was with my decision to go to uni.

Obviously, this doesn't apply for everyone, but you can't call college a scam. Attending uni is the best thing I've ever done.

Though, when a school charges like $10000 per semester but the quality of teaching and student life is basically the same as everywhere else, I'd call that a scam.

That being said, I do think tuition fees for the average person are far too high, but that doesn't change the fact that college is very worth it, depending on the person.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is quite a common occurrence in South England actually. I remember when I was at this centre which teaches you to drive, the Teacher asked us all what cars we planned on buying after we've learned to drive and this one girl said something about an automatic pristine condition old school mini, the teacher laughed and said "Yeah that's quite a lot of money for your first car" and she laughed and said "Oh it's fine I have a rich Daddy". I literally wanted to throw a tennis ball right into her fat red lips the second she said that! She had everything paid for her and I saw her often in TV ads too which didn't help.
I remember when I visited northcastle this one slag with tonnes of makeup caked onto her face was bragging about how she had so much money and others were beneath her. it turned out it was her sire's money, she was a right ol' ****. there was a girl about five or six years of age who asked her for a few pence for a juice box and she denied the girl after bragging! Dan I wish you were there to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom