• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Night Owl

~Momentai
My so called friend never fail to amaze me. She called off sick from work a few days back but she knows she will be still sick tomorrow and the day after and that she will be fine on thursday. Whoa....I wish I could look into the future like that.
With that power you'd be unstoppable. Your friend thinks too small using her foresight to get out of work. :P
You might be able to take over the world with that knowledge ;)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm so smart. I came got home just to realize I left my phone on my seat... in the Greyhound bus in which I arrived. Luckily, the bus station is only a few blocks from my place so it didn't take me long to run down there and fetch it from the lost and found, but it was pretty scray.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My dad finally got rid of my door and now there's an old blanket nailed in its place until he puts the new door in (which is in my room now just not put in yet). While he was at it, he's replacing my closet doors and my carpet flooring is getting replaced with hardwood flooring. So everything in my room is gonna come out for a while. That'll be fun.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I cba with uni. I don't want to be there, I don't have any enthusiasm for the course, I don't have any friends I miss and all in all its literally just something to do until I get a job. So yeah that's where my life is at right now, getting into massive debt just to pass the time. If only that debt was because I travelled the world or blew my fortune on designer shoes or something which would seem like it had a point to it at the time eh

I cba with uni. I don't want to be there, I don't have any enthusiasm for the course, I don't have any friends I miss and all in all its literally just something to do until I get a job. So yeah that's where my life is at right now, getting into massive debt just to pass the time. If only that debt was because I travelled the world or blew my fortune on designer shoes or something which would seem like it had a point to it at the time eh

Honestly, I think the perceived value of university depends on whether or not you think you need a degree to live a successful life. If you have an innate talent for a certain area, then it's certainly possible to avoid studying and save yourself a ton of money, as you said. But if you need a little guidance or a greater knowledge base, university can be worthwhile, especially if you're planning on going into a S.T.E.M. field. Unfortunately, a degree in anything else simply isn't too useful in modern society. That said, being the best in a certain area still means you make a lot in anything you pursue. Most novelists don't make much money, for example, but J.K. Rowling is one of the wealthiest people in the UK.

Is the job you're going to pursue worth it then? If not, you might want to reconsider your options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom