• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

If I had any friends to spend time with and things to miss out on this wouldn't be a problem.
I implore you to try and make at least a couple of good, reliable friends while you're still young. You needn't try and make friends with everyone, because there's tons of fakes out there. A lot of people—including myself some 6 years ago—tend not to realize how hard it can get to make friends as you get older. There eventually comes that period of life where people want to settle down, have kids, and are busy with work etc. etc., and they no longer have time to just "hang out" as often anymore. It gets awkward when you're like the only one of your age group that's just starting to try and get out there, have fun, and make friends, etc., while everyone has already gotten most of that out of their system. That's not to say it is impossible, though, but things can potentially get a bit tricky as you get older. To summarize, if you've read some of my past 'depressing' posts, try to avoid becoming that guy. lol
anyway, I'm back again to announce something. I'm going to a restaurant with my friends. It's the first time I've met with my friends since May of 2014. About half a year later. I'm so proud of our achievements but it's time ot take things a step further.
You just reminded me of something strange I've noticed. A lot of people on here don't seem to talk about going out or hanging out with their friends as often, if at all. I think I may have seen like one person that frequently talks about hanging out with friends on a regular basis. It's highly possible I missed something, as even I can't read ALL posts—and just because I haven't seen something doesn't mean that it isn't there or doesn't exist... I just find it mildly "wtf" how disturbingly "not so alone after all" I feel upon coming to such a realization. I mean, you'd think that hanging out with friends and all would cover a great deal of the subject matter in here (the most active threads in General Discussion). lol

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Soo i think i kinda have a thing with this girl, but she lives in washington so i met her when i was last visiting there. anyway i'm moving to utah in like a month and she just happens to be moving there in a bit so i think something could happen between us. anyway we're skyping for the first time tonight and i'm kinda nervous. i have no idea what we're gonna talk about and i'm worried it's gonna be awkward. I'm gonna try and impress her with my guitar skills tho. anyway let's see how this goes

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Soo i think i kinda have a thing with this girl, but she lives in washington so i met her when i was last visiting there. anyway i'm moving to utah in like a month and she just happens to be moving there in a bit so i think something could happen between us. anyway we're skyping for the first time tonight and i'm kinda nervous. i have no idea what we're gonna talk about and i'm worried it's gonna be awkward. I'm gonna try and impress her with my guitar skills tho. anyway let's see how this goes
Well, I'll wish you luck then. Have fun

What do you guys have in common? Don't exactly write a list, but you might want to consider a few things to mention. Also be careful about the guitar plan, Skype's audio quality isn't the best generally and sometimes the sound gets a bit warped. Good luck, though!

Slept for like two freaking hours. Almost 7am EST, and I gotta get ready for work in a few minutes. I just hope I don't have to break down the truck today, because I'm one tired fothermucker.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Had a great time wid mah friends yesterday, unfortunately it was cut short because I had to go to work, regardless, I'm finna go out today and buy something.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
It's amazing how powerful and moving the written word can sometimes be. There's a website I've been visiting regularly that hosts blogs written by people living with and coping with depression. A lot of the posts are heavy handed, filled with the sadness and despair of the one who wrote it. Every so often, I run across a suicide note. The one I read about five minutes ago has sent my brain and emotions into a tailspin. Some things hit hard, and this one came out of nowhere and sucker-punched me. There are so many thoughts currently running through my mind right now that I don't know what to make of them or how to sift through and process them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom