• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Look!!!!! I'm not alone!!!!! ^_^

Here's what is on my mind: I was watching Rise of the Guardians with my little sister, and I thought, wait, if nobody believed in Jack Frost until 2012, then how did the expression "Jack Frost nipping at your nose" come around?

Last edited:

Ganondork

you touch her butt and she moves away
Here's what is on my mind: I was watching Rise of the Guardians with my little sister, and I thought, wait, if nobody believed in Jack Frost until 2012, then how did the expression "Jack Frost nipping at your nose" come around?
Jack Frost has never been something for people to believe in. He is the result of giving a phenomenon (cold weather, in this case) human-like qualities. This is a literary (rhetorical) device known as personification. Rise of the Guardians took it a step further and imagined Jack Frost as an actual person. Jack Frost is as "Believed in" as Mother Nature.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The character of Jack Frost has been appearing in literature since the 1800s (as a personification of winterish weather). he's probably an adaptation of a spirit from saxon and/or norse mythology.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Computer back from the shop tomorrow. pretty lame i had to pay them $50 for a diagnostic even though i knew what the problem was. This is what i get for not having a box of parts lying around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom