• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
the nature of historical research in a nutshell:

i set out to write my master's thesis on ruralization and the wool trade in 17th century castile. i most likely am now writing a paper on missionaries, the spanish slave trade in cartegena, and the effects of early calls for reform on imperial policy. let's see if you can connect the dots on that wild goose chase.

Azure Sage

Spread Smiles!
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I've been having a really off day today. Almost forgot to shave when I woke up this morning, realized I completely forgot to use after shave when I was getting ready to leave the house, I felt like taking a nap in class for the first time in a while, and I just generally felt really sluggish today. Hrm. Hopefully a good night of rest tonight should fix all that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Gotta love it when the water isn't running at work and still my colleagues think it's a good idea to stack the dishwasher instead of filling the sink from the many galleon-sized water cans we have and actually do the dishes...

Azure Sage

Spread Smiles!
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Around half an hour ago, a girl got hit by a car and died while crossing the street in front of my campus. There are still police cars outside blocking off the road. I don't know who it was, and it's probably not someone I know, but... It's pretty sad.

I'm surprised some of my recent threads have five stars. Guess I can post quality threads.
Sadly, getting five stars on a thread is a poor indicator of 'quality'. If anything, it means someone either really liked you as a member and/or really liked your thread and gave it five stars. Though if it matters any, I think your threads are good.

I was just going to post something in here until I realized there's a thread that better suits my thoughts.

Thanks for ruining the mood for me. I'm never gonna be good enough on here. -___-
What? Come on. Good enough for what and for WHO? All I'm saying is, you shouldn't worry about the amount of stars you get on a thread. There's rarely a correlation between how great your threads are and the number of stars said threads have earned. You seem to think that I and a few others on here are 'so special', but you know what? My threads suck. Like, I have at least three decent threads out of, like, fifty or so. No amount of 'great threads' made me anymore special than anyone else, and others will tell you the same thing.

You're a grown women, you shouldn't let petty things like this get to you. Your posts are good on their own merits. You're, like, one of the better posters on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom