• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Clank

Hmm
Probably don't want to read this, or even care about it, for that matter do not read it.
So, my cool/awesome brother just proposed to a nice girl that he has been hanging out with for a while, sounds great right, here's is my selfish and foolish little problem.

Every one of my siblings that has gotten married no longer is nearly as cool: my oldest brother was reduced from a awesome R&C(+others) gamer to a insurance salesman; my second brother's wife started a business that isn't quite profitable, so he is working a job perpetrate from helping her out with that, while going to college; and my oldest sister used to just take me and my younger sister out to do stuff, mostly free things, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless, now she has two kids and moved about two hours away...
So, from this evidence(and more that I will not take the time to type) I have come to conclude that marriage makes people less fun/cool/awesome.

For most people this isn't really a problem(I assume, I cannot really say), but for me I rely on my family for most everything from hanging out to help with homework(as my current RL friend count is still at 0), so each and every loss hurts, it hurts bad.

Now remember, this is my coolest(and last) brother we are talking about, he has a out-standing record for being the smartest(read genius) and coolest guy at my college.
Now I am attempting to follow roughly in his footsteps, as I have interests similar to his(I actually do, I am not just following him for the sake of it)

However if marriage does to him what it has done to all my other siblings, then I will likely not really be able to ask him for help with my homework,and since I am not a genius, I will most likely need that help really badly.

Basically I don't want to have to go through college without his amazing help , and now that he is getting married I am afraid he will not really have time, in the same manner as my other siblings,,,

Yeah, I did warn you to not read this, and I did mean it.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm starting to think that nothing I do is good enough. I think I can do so much better if I just applied myself. Now, I know I could just apply myself and stop complaining, but it's hard. Whenever I try I get lost and I just sit there like an idiot for 10 minutes until i just go for it and it doesn't turn out as great as I wanted it to. This applies to school, homework, trying to cheer people up, or even compliment someone. I just don't think anything I can say or do will be good enough and it makes me feel bad. I am disappointed in myself.

Clank

Hmm
You know, I am happy for my brother, he has found love and my selfishness should not stand in his way, nor should I worry him about it.

Fig

The Altruist
I bought The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Wii U Bundle yesterday and I love it. In fact, I'm using the GamePad to be on the forums right now! :pikalove: :loveeyeballs:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
TOMORROW IS SUPER SEXUAL CASTLE MONDAY AND IM SO EXCITED IM JUST GONNA CRY AND DIE AND CRY AND DIE AND SCREAM AND SCREECH AND SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IM SO EXCITED OH MYFD GOOOOOOO D

I CAN'T BREATHE WE'VE WAITED 4 MOUNTHS FODFNDS FORNDS THIS E

N AI JUST IGAHAHAHHAAAGAHAHAHAHAGHHAAHAHH

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Probably don't want to read this, or even care about it, for that matter do not read it.
So, my cool/awesome brother just proposed to a nice girl that he has been hanging out with for a while, sounds great right, here's is my selfish and foolish little problem.

Every one of my siblings that has gotten married no longer is nearly as cool: my oldest brother was reduced from a awesome R&C(+others) gamer to a insurance salesman; my second brother's wife started a business that isn't quite profitable, so he is working a job perpetrate from helping her out with that, while going to college; and my oldest sister used to just take me and my younger sister out to do stuff, mostly free things, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless, now she has two kids and moved about two hours away...
So, from this evidence(and more that I will not take the time to type) I have come to conclude that marriage makes people less fun/cool/awesome.

For most people this isn't really a problem(I assume, I cannot really say), but for me I rely on my family for most everything from hanging out to help with homework(as my current RL friend count is still at 0), so each and every loss hurts, it hurts bad.

Now remember, this is my coolest(and last) brother we are talking about, he has a out-standing record for being the smartest(read genius) and coolest guy at my college.
Now I am attempting to follow roughly in his footsteps, as I have interests similar to his(I actually do, I am not just following him for the sake of it)

However if marriage does to him what it has done to all my other siblings, then I will likely not really be able to ask him for help with my homework,and since I am not a genius, I will most likely need that help really badly.

Basically I don't want to have to go through college without his amazing help , and now that he is getting married I am afraid he will not really have time, in the same manner as my other siblings,,,

Yeah, I did warn you to not read this, and I did mean it.
I feel your pain. When I was 12 my sister moved out to live with her boyfriend at that time after 6 months of dating. She never looked back at me and never came over to give me a helping hand. In fact she turned into distant neighbor-like sister. This caused a huge rift to us. We never did things together and never had great fun talks. She got married to this guy and after she became a mom she told me that her life was so different than mine because I was a schoolkid and she was a married mother with kids. When I grew up in my 20's she kept on being distant and this caused me never to look back at her. Now her kids are all reaching an age they no longer need her guidance. One already moved out and went to uni. Lately she said to my other sister that she thought I was too young for her. She is 7 years apart from me. I told my other sister that I no longer care and don't want the bond anymore. We never had it anyway and she never looked back at me or helped me when I needed help so I don't need her now in my life either. We still talk but it's more like an old neighbor. Your family should keep this in mind beforen they start to regret it later.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
tumblr_mtas4t4Jqc1rfimo0o1_400.gif

Tumblr just sent me an email with this GIF in it... o_O

symphony of the goddess is gonna be here on the 8th and i get to go this time! =D

that being said, if you happen to be in seats j109 or j111, what's up? i'm sitting next to you. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom