• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
super annoyed with myself
I went to a magic tournament today and despite losing early on I managed to luck out with the tournament setup to be in a 4-way tie for first
but I lost the tiebreaker, and with it, a $200 magic card
sure I was lucky for even being in the situation to play for the prize but
ugh
feels so bad
even though I technically came out ahead

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Buying gifts for someone who can just buy whatever they want is difficult. Though maybe I just need to get better at being more thoughtful.
I can definitely relate, Jimmu. I was recently tasked with buying my mom a birthday present, and I had no idea what to get. Everything I thought of she could already buy herself and/or had already bought.

I remember reading this article over a decade ago, about people with real superpowers. Unfortunately, I only remember two of them.

One of them was someone whose hands were so dry, that they could touch active electric currents, without being shocked.

The second, was a child who was born without the gene that puts a cap on how much muscles you can grow, thus as a 3 year old (I think, may have been 2 or 4 or something close to that range), they were able to lift and move a couch that normally took two adults to do so. Unfortunately, their heart gave out, because it couldn't keep up with this, so they died as a child.

Another example that I only know of because I myself have it, is being an empath. It is like telepathy, but much weaker. You can feel the emotions of others, and some surface level thoughts (typically ones that are causing or tied to the emotions) but it is harder to interpret, because you'll hear it in your own voice, and feel the emotions as if they were your own. I also have a harder time with it than my mom (who also is an empath) because I have Asperger's, so emotions are already hard for me. But a bonus is that it works on spirits, so I personally, despite being an Atheist, know there is an afterlife. Unfortunately for me, the only time I can confirm I'm definitely feeling a spirit, is when they are a hostile spirit, as like I said, I have a harder time with this due to my Asperger's, and let me tell you, it is not fun feeling that negativity.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share with you all, because I don't have friends irl, so I don't have anyone I can talk about this with.

I remember in my biology class in high school we watched a 'documentary' type of video discussing some of this type of stuff, I think it was actually from a TV series that Stan Lee even got involved in. Don't remember what it was called but I probably could figure it out if I did some digging. The one I remember is the person with "infinite stamina;" basically for whatever reason their muscles didn't produce lactic acid so they never tired out, so they had ridiculous endurance. I can't remember if there was a health risk involved withi that, but I would assume there'd have to be since lactic acid is a waste product, so where is that waste accumulating in their body if not in the lactic acid?

Regarding the empathy thing, I don't like describing myself as an empath; it feels too... pop-culture-y. The condition is called hyperempathy, though.

I remember in my biology class in high school we watched a 'documentary' type of video discussing some of this type of stuff, I think it was actually from a TV series that Stan Lee even got involved in. Don't remember what it was called but I probably could figure it out if I did some digging. The one I remember is the person with "infinite stamina;" basically for whatever reason their muscles didn't produce lactic acid so they never tired out, so they had ridiculous endurance. I can't remember if there was a health risk involved withi that, but I would assume there'd have to be since lactic acid is a waste product, so where is that waste accumulating in their body if not in the lactic acid?

Regarding the empathy thing, I don't like describing myself as an empath; it feels too... pop-culture-y. The condition is called hyperempathy, though.
I'll have to find this show, as it sounds interesting.

As for empath, that is the only way I have ever heard it described. I've never heard it called hyperempathy before. Me and my mom don't typically find people who understand this gift, so we've rarely been able to discuss it, but we do live in freakin Oklahoma, which is the bible belt of the USA, so that's to be expected.

There is nothing to tell. Normal people do not have the ability to hear thoughts of other people, nor feel their emotions. If that isn't a superpower, then I don't know what is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom