• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
How do you mean?

In our state everyone had some vouchers for eating out and entertainment venues (economic stimulus) which expire tonight. Had one left and managed to use it to book in a cinema screaming of Princess Mononoke with a friend in the next few weeks. Really looking forward to seeing some Studio Ghibli on the big screen.
Have to use alot for my mum to be happy with mine nd i dont want to wesr lot...

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I am Planning a gigantic road trip to Arizona from North Carolina and spending roughly a week in Arizona (To visit with my brother) before returning back to North Carolina and Traveling again in Late July to my home state of Ohio, So long story short this summer is going to be full of me traveling.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I just saw a video of what happens when you get all the rare orbs in Donkey Kong Country Returns. I always wanted to do it myself, but I'm one orb away and gave up on it a long time ago. Anyway, you access a final level in a different dimension, and the prize for completing it is a new "mirror mode" for the game that reverses all the levels, takes Diddy's help away, and you have to do all the levels with only one heart. So true completion of the game is 200% after doing mirror mode, but really nothing else comes from it besides having that number.

I always thought getting all the orbs would maybe unlock a secret cutscene ending or something, this sounds kind of like a rip-off lol.

I am interacting with a naturalist who I kind of admire because one of his specialties is a bug I wanna study, but aaaaa I feel like I'm coming across as an idiot and the waits between replies is letting my brain do all sorts of stupid things. At least we're not talking about that bug, just a fly, but stillllllll aaaaaa

I am stress. Why must I be stress?

Mikey the Moblin

likes heavy machinery
I am interacting with a naturalist who I kind of admire because one of his specialties is a bug I wanna study, but aaaaa I feel like I'm coming across as an idiot and the waits between replies is letting my brain do all sorts of stupid things. At least we're not talking about that bug, just a fly, but stillllllll aaaaaa

I am stress. Why must I be stress?
just remember that everyone recognizes and appreciates passion. be yourself and your passion for entomology will come through and be appreciated

just remember that everyone recognizes and appreciates passion. be yourself and your passion for entomology will come through and be appreciated
Yeahh it worked out. I think I overexplained myself cuz I do that but uhh I think it might be okay.
I do need to uh, *sigh*, go through my photos and try to put more up on my flickr cuz that's where the interaction occurred. But he went over and liked some stuff on my twitter right after so :eyes: (they were retweets tho cuz I'm not brave enough to make my own posts)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is going to sound weird but I was thinking about this for my story idea.

We live in 4 dimensional space-time, but we can't actually see objects in 4 dimensions, we can only see 3 dimensional space. For example, a tesseract, or hypercube, is a cube represented in 4 dimensional space, but it's not something we can actually observe visually. String theory posits there is something like 10 dimensions involved with how the universe functions. There are some theories though that operate under the assumption that the universe as we know it can function with just 5 dimensions. Anyway, what I'm getting at is even if we somehow managed to percieve 4 dimensional space, it wouldn't actually be a breakthrough or anything, we'd only be finally gaining insight into the dimensional space we already live in. And so I was thinking, hypothetically, what if each dimension works in a way where only space in the dimension below the one that is techinically being occupied can be observed, besides all the lower dimensional spaces too. Like, we are in 4D space, but we can only observe 3D, but we also can observe 2D and 1D. So in 5D space, which would be the next dimension above ours, you wouldn't be seeing reality in 5D, you would see objects in 4D, and then 3D, 2D, and 1D as well.

This is going to sound weird but I was thinking about this for my story idea.

We live in 4 dimensional space-time, but we can't actually see objects in 4 dimensions, we can only see 3 dimensional space. For example, a tesseract, or hypercube, is a cube represented in 4 dimensional space, but it's not something we can actually observe visually. String theory posits there is something like 10 dimensions involved with how the universe functions. There are some theories though that operate under the assumption that the universe as we know it can function with just 5 dimensions. Anyway, what I'm getting at is even if we somehow managed to percieve 4 dimensional space, it wouldn't actually be a breakthrough or anything, we'd only be finally gaining insight into the dimensional space we already live in. And so I was thinking, hypothetically, what if each dimension works in a way where only space in the dimension below the one that is techinically being occupied can be observed, besides all the lower dimensional spaces too. Like, we are in 4D space, but we can only observe 3D, but we also can observe 2D and 1D. So in 5D space, which would be the next dimension above ours, you wouldn't be seeing reality in 5D, you would see objects in 4D, and then 3D, 2D, and 1D as well.
have you ever read william sleator's the boy who reversed himself

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom