• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I had my senior awards ceremony today which was an excruciating TWO HOURS long. They forced me to come to school in a dress and sit there for 2 hours. Anyway I ended up with 2 awards, the first was for excellency in carpentry. The second was for excellency in academics being in the top 10 students in my grade. That means I was one of the 10 people with the highest grades for my 4 years here. I have NO CLUE what sorcery I used to achieve that, but okay? The other 9 people were all like student council and skills USA meanwhile I put in approximately 0 effort lol.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Still thinking about those awful Esteban guitars released in the late 90's to mid 2000's.

Maybe it was how the infomercial tried to scam you into believing Esteban was actually awesome, and the pieces of garbage he was selling were somehow worth a ****.

I might write an entire blog post about this. If nothing for the sake of posterity and to warn people off of the Esteban brand. Anything released by him is certifiable garbage.

Yes, even his music. He claims to be a virtuoso Spanish classical type of player, yet, being familiar with that genre of music, I never heard of this jackass, and what I have heard was nothing all that crazy or awe-inspiring. A Paco De Lucia, he isn't.

One good thing about Esteban though is inspiring a gag in Metalacolypse, which brought me no end of delight.

Last edited:

silent lion

ReDead
Mentally, emotionally and physically wasted. I feel like that most of the time anyway but had to take my wife to the emergency ward in an ambulance last night (it's not my place to share details) and I've just come out of a Kung Fu grading this evening. I need it to stop now, please.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Mentally, emotionally and physically wasted. I feel like that most of the time anyway but had to take my wife to the emergency ward in an ambulance last night (it's not my place to share details) and I've just come out of s Kung Fu grading this evening. I need it to stop now, please.
aww hope shes ok.....

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
My dad was halfway home when he made me drive the rest of the way. I've turned old enough to drive, but I haven't had lessons or anything, so my confidence behind the wheel isn't exactly great. Did I mention I'm also super nervous and scared of driving? I made it home, but I almost hit a mailbox along the way

agh I almost had a panic attack. My legs are all wobbly now and I feel weak. As soon as he told me to drive my heart started racing, and it still hasn't stopped since I just got back.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My dad was halfway home when he made me drive the rest of the way. I've turned old enough to drive, but I haven't had lessons or anything, so my confidence behind the wheel isn't exactly great. Did I mention I'm also super nervous and scared of driving? I made it home, but I almost hit a mailbox along the way

agh I almost had a panic attack. My legs are all wobbly now and I feel weak. As soon as he told me to drive my heart started racing, and it still hasn't stopped since I just got back.

I completely understand how you feel! Thankfully no one ever pushed me into driving, because I also had a fear of it and likely would have been near/full on panic attack at the time. I came to the decision on my own and only got my license last year at 28 years old. I've always had dreams throughout my life about crashing into water though, and when I'm in a car near water I have intrusive thoughts about the car driving into the water. So it really took me a long time to become comfortable with the idea of driving and I had to do it on my own. I only recently started driving some on my own (and not very far), and have gotten comfortable and used to it. I actually enjoy driving on my own now. It gives me a feeling of independence which is nice. I still do have some fears occasionally that creep up and I do still have the dreams and intrusive thoughts. But the first few times especially of driving are the hardest. It will eventually get a bit easier, and less scary. Though I don't promise those fears will ever truly go away. And I don't know how your parents are, but driving with them may not help either. My mom makes me a lot more anxious because she is a big backseat driver and likes to tell me conflicting things or act like I'm doing something wrong when I'm not just because she doesn't like when others are driving.

I'm sorry that you were made to do that when you were anxious and scared. Maybe ask if you can practice driving around empty parking lots first or something before being thrust out on the road.

Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to get a license as an adult? I'm currently stressing about trying to find time to work toward mine, but I also need to work into my mom's schedule on top of my own for sessions and it's super overwhelming. Did you take a class or anything to get more experience on the road?

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I completely understand how you feel! Thankfully no one ever pushed me into driving, because I also had a fear of it and likely would have been near/full on panic attack at the time. I came to the decision on my own and only got my license last year at 28 years old. I've always had dreams throughout my life about crashing into water though, and when I'm in a car near water I have intrusive thoughts about the car driving into the water. So it really took me a long time to become comfortable with the idea of driving and I had to do it on my own. I only recently started driving some on my own (and not very far), and have gotten comfortable and used to it. I actually enjoy driving on my own now. It gives me a feeling of independence which is nice. I still do have some fears occasionally that creep up and I do still have the dreams and intrusive thoughts. But the first few times especially of driving are the hardest. It will eventually get a bit easier, and less scary. Though I don't promise those fears will ever truly go away. And I don't know how your parents are, but driving with them may not help either. My mom makes me a lot more anxious because she is a big backseat driver and likes to tell me conflicting things or act like I'm doing something wrong when I'm not just because she doesn't like when others are driving.

I'm sorry that you were made to do that when you were anxious and scared. Maybe ask if you can practice driving around empty parking lots first or something before being thrust out on the road.
have you ever thought about moving somewhere without any water?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion

Good for you to make the decision yourself <3

I've had anxiety about hitting the cars going in the opposite lane for a long time. Ever since I was a little kid actually. Whenever we pass a car going super fast I tense up. It just seems so easy to accidentally go too far left and scrape against the car going the opposite direction. When I was driving I worried so much about staying inside the lane and not going over the yellow line. So much so that I accidentally went too far right and almost hit a mailbox.

I know as I drive more it'll get easier and feel more natural, but man it's hard to start. I really really don't want to drive again lol

My parents don't do anything like that, they encourage me and stuff, but just having them in the car and being my responsibility to keep them safe and not crash is nerve-wracking enough.

I'd definitely prefer that for my first few drives.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Out of curiosity, how difficult was it to get a license as an adult? I'm currently stressing about trying to find time to work toward mine, but I also need to work into my mom's schedule on top of my own for sessions and it's super overwhelming. Did you take a class or anything to get more experience on the road?

It was actually super easy, but I'm not sure if my experience was an anomaly or what. I had my permit for quite a while because I took the written test some years back (I was maybe 24? or something, still way past the normal age but long before I got my license). I just kept renewing that whenever it would become out of date. I didn't start driving when I got my permit though. It was sometime later. And I never really practiced driving until right before the pandemic. I would only get to drive out to town on Saturdays with my mom when we would go grocery shopping since she didn't have time to teach me any other time with work. Then when the pandemic hit I stopped because I wasn't going out. I practiced a little bit before I had my scheduled test. And had my mom take me down to an empty church parking lot the weekend before my test to teach me backing up better because I was bad at that. And then she taught me parallel parking in our back driveway. The test ended up being super easy and quick. Way different than I expected and didn't have half of the stuff I was expecting. I drove around a small circle of sideroads in the city the test was in. And had to demonstrate parallel parking beside the side walk with plenty of room.

I'm not sure if the instructor just saw that I was 28, and I was following all of the rules, etc because she seemed pretty lenient as far as what she made me do and the test had to have only lasted 5 minutes I'd say. I never did any extra courses, didn't do drivers ed in school or anything, and I just did minimum practice with my mom when I could because she had a limited schedule when she could teach me.

have you ever thought about moving somewhere without any water?

Nah.
Haven't thought about moving at all tbh. Lol.

Good for you to make the decision yourself <3

I've had anxiety about hitting the cars going in the opposite lane for a long time. Ever since I was a little kid actually. Whenever we pass a car going super fast I tense up. It just seems so easy to accidentally go too far left and scrape against the car going the opposite direction. When I was driving I worried so much about staying inside the lane and not going over the yellow line. So much so that I accidentally went too far right and almost hit a mailbox.

I know as I drive more it'll get easier and feel more natural, but man it's hard to start. I really really don't want to drive again lol

My parents don't do anything like that, they encourage me and stuff, but just having them in the car and being my responsibility to keep them safe and not crash is nerve-wracking enough.

I'd definitely prefer that for my first few drives.

Yeah, that was one of my fears as well and I had some moments where I would go a bit too far over to edge of the road because I was scared of going over the yellow line. It's definitely hard to think about how we're trusted to drive these big pieces of machinery that can cause so much devastation if something goes wrong. The fact that you're aware of how much responsibility you have while driving is good though, you just have to watch out for others because not everyone else thinks the same.

Driving in an empty parking lot helped me a lot at first. Just to get the feel of the car down better. So you're familiar with how it controls and you don't have to worry about hitting anyone if you accidentally cross over too far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom