• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Use them as your move in next games...
Ah yes, the perfect move. “University graduate to W9”

Anyway i was sick again yesterday. The only reason why I’m im saying this today is because i was too tired to say it yesterday.
I usually don’t get sick, which is why its so weird as this is the 3rd time in the past year that I’ve had to call in sick for work.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ah yes, the perfect move. “University graduate to W9”

Anyway i was sick again yesterday. The only reason why I’m im saying this today is because i was to tired to say it yesterday.
I usually don’t get sick, which is why its so weird as this is the 3rd time in the past year that I’ve had to call in sick for work.

Lots of people seem to be getting multiple sicknesses in short succession at the moment. It could be due to people not mixing very much over the past couple of years now they are in contact with all these germs again.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I am not sure if this will get more “Ugh” reactions, more “Haha” reactions, or more “wow” reactions. You have my full blessing to give this a “Haha” reaction as what I’m about to tell you is a level of stupidity that I previously would only dream to see in classic Simpsons.

So I briefly mentioned this in the What Annoyed You Today thread all the way back in December, but back during shutdown I had to work with a contractor whom I described as an “Incompetent Jackass.”

Some of his brilliant actions and abilities include but are not limited to:

-Being a trained welder with exactly zero knowledge of either company safety protocols or common sense safety protocols.

-Even when presented with said safety protocols, completely ignoring them.

-Showing up literal hours before everyone else, and yet still somehow making up an excuse as to why I should be the one to set everything up for him, even though thats not my job.

-Leaving to do God knows what while i set everything up for him, telling me to call him when I’m done, and still not showing up for LITERAL HOURS after I’ve called, forcing me to miss a company paid lunch one of said times (Page 404 of What Annoyed You Today if you don’t remember).

-Trying to tell me that I’m the one who’s bullshitting about the time it took for him to show up after I pull up my phone and show him when i called him.

-Bypassing the safety protocols I not only set up for him, but had to get checked by plant security each time.

-Whining and complaining when i tell him that he’s THROWING METAL SPARKS ALL AROUND THE MACHINE FULL OF OIL, RUBBER, AND ELECTRONICS AS A RESULT OF BYPASSING SAID SAFTEY PROTOCALS

-Whining that I’m going to get both of us fired because the plant security guy told me that i didn’t set up the safety blankets properly the first time and telling me he’d be back in an hour (he thought we’d get fired for taking too long).

-Telling other people in the shop that Im an idiot for doing said job Incorrectly even though he did jack **** to help.

-Trying to get me to hit on a coworker who is twice my age, happily married with kids, and one whom I have shown literally no interest towards.

-Trying to bribe me into liking him by dragging me from my work to his personal welding booth in another part of the plant, shoving a greasy fast food steak biscuit in my face, and showing me his stupid LED mini fridge and Coffee maker setup (he literally had a vat of water with an electronic faucet that dispensed water into the coffee maker when it was low)…. in the middle of a welding booth.

-Trying to bribe a plant security worker by inviting him over for a cup of coffee… while said security worker is talking to me about an extra protocol i should take.

-Bragging about how he’s better at welding than everyone else in the shop, only to immediately attempt to fix a simple guardpost, and ****ing it up.

Needless to say, I dislike this person.

So why am I telling you this 5 months later? Because the idiot finally got fired.

Apparently our new plant manager has a policy where he will fire anyone he sees on the spot for doing something unsafe. Nobody in the plant realized how serious he was being until this past Monday, when he caught the contractor grinding a part down on a machine while it had product on it.

Grinders cause a load of sparks. We make tires. Normally I’d say “what was he thinking” but I already know the answer. He wasn’t.

The best part is, this was just before I came in Monday. We walked passed each other just as we reached the front gate. I was waiting for him to say something asinine but he didn’t even say a word to me, he just looked shocked. I didn’t think about it again until someone told me about it today.

Best laugh I’ve had in a while. Good riddance.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I am not sure if this will get more “Ugh” reactions, more “Haha” reactions, or more “wow” reactions. You have my full blessing to give this a “Haha” reaction as what I’m about to tell you is a level of stupidity that I previously would only dream to see in classic Simpsons.

So I briefly mentioned this in the What Annoyed You Today thread all the way back in December, but back during shutdown I had to work with a contractor whom I described as an “Incompetent Jackass.”

Some of his brilliant actions and abilities include but are not limited to:

-Being a trained welder with exactly zero knowledge of either company safety protocols or common sense safety protocols.

-Even when presented with said safety protocols, completely ignoring them.

-Showing up literal hours before everyone else, and yet still somehow making up an excuse as to why I should be the one to set everything up for him, even though thats not my job.

-Leaving to do God knows what while i set everything up for him, telling me to call him when I’m done, and still not showing up for LITERAL HOURS after I’ve called, forcing me to miss a company paid lunch one of said times (Page 404 of What Annoyed You Today if you don’t remember).

-Trying to tell me that I’m the one who’s bullshitting about the time it took for him to show up after I pull up my phone and show him when i called him.

-Bypassing the safety protocols I not only set up for him, but had to get checked by plant security each time.

-Whining and complaining when i tell him that he’s THROWING METAL SPARKS ALL AROUND THE MACHINE FULL OF OIL, RUBBER, AND ELECTRONICS AS A RESULT OF BYPASSING SAID SAFTEY PROTOCALS

-Whining that I’m going to get both of us fired because the plant security guy told me that i didn’t set up the safety blankets properly the first time and telling me he’d be back in an hour (he thought we’d get fired for taking too long).

-Telling other people in the shop that Im an idiot for doing said job Incorrectly even though he did jack **** to help.

-Trying to get me to hit on a coworker who is twice my age, happily married with kids, and one whom I have shown literally no interest towards.

-Trying to bribe me into liking him by dragging me from my work to his personal welding booth in another part of the plant, shoving a greasy fast food steak biscuit in my face, and showing me his stupid LED mini fridge and Coffee maker setup (he literally had a vat of water with an electronic faucet that dispensed water into the coffee maker when it was low)…. in the middle of a welding booth.

-Trying to bribe a plant security worker by inviting him over for a cup of coffee… while said security worker is talking to me about an extra protocol i should take.

-Bragging about how he’s better at welding than everyone else in the shop, only to immediately attempt to fix a simple guardpost, and ****ing it up.

Needless to say, I dislike this person.

So why am I telling you this 5 months later? Because the idiot finally got fired.

Apparently our new plant manager has a policy where he will fire anyone he sees on the spot for doing something unsafe. Nobody in the plant realized how serious he was being until this past Monday, when he caught the contractor grinding a part down on a machine while it had product on it.

Grinders cause a load of sparks. We make tires. Normally I’d say “what was he thinking” but I already know the answer. He wasn’t.

The best part is, this was just before I came in Monday. We walked passed each other just as we reached the front gate. I was waiting for him to say something asinine but he didn’t even say a word to me, he just looked shocked. I didn’t think about it again until someone told me about it today.

Best laugh I’ve had in a while. Good riddance.
glad to hear that karma finally caught up to him! what an idiot.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I’ve loved Pokémon since Red/Blue/Yellow came out back in the day. I was in elementary school at the time.

On the first day, in gym class, we all introduced ourselves.

When it came to be my turn, I said that my name was Michelle, but I wanted to be called Misty. and everyone laughed, as I’m laughing now.

That memory just popped into my head randomly
:sweat: :crylaugh:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I’ve loved Pokémon since Red/Blue/Yellow came out back in the day. I was in elementary school at the time.

On the first day, in gym class, we all introduced ourselves.

When it came to be my turn, I said that my name was Michelle, but I wanted to be called Misty. and everyone laughed, as I’m laughing now.

That memory just popped into my head randomly
:sweat: :crylaugh:
what about meeshelle

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
looking thru old emails notes and like why i write that?? and sometimes theyre multiple saying the same thing....

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Some random thoughts and observations:
  1. If you trip and fall, yet don't die, you've survived a collision with a planet.
  2. With the advent of having groceries being delivered to your home, DiGiorno's could be delivery.
  3. Stomping is upper case walking, whilst dancing is cursive walking.
  4. Before lightbulbs were invented, people used rushlights and candles. How many accidental fires broke out?
  5. Roads are the result of walking, and sidewalks are the result of cars.
  6. Your eyelids lick your eyes to keep them moist.
  7. Dora the Explorer and Internet Explorer take the same amount of time to process simple information.
  8. Iced coffee is literally cool beans, brah.
  9. Because of space suits, humanity hasn't actually touched the moon.
  10. When you're playing a game on easy mode, the bots are playing it on hard mode.
I shall return tomorrow with more of my thoughts.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
I lost my dad three years ago today. he was the most incredible man I’ve ever known, and will ever know. I would say that I hope he’s proud of the personal growth I’ve made in the last few years, but I know that he is. <3
I’m very sorry for your loss. I really hope that he is proud of your growth as your father

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Menthuthuyoupi. Yes, the chimera ant. Waiting for more characterisation to be revealed. But damn if those ants don’t have the weirdest names I’ve encountered in an anime.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
All farms are factories if you think about it. They produce a product, they have to conform to rules and regulations, they require operating heavy machinery, and it's all contained on a piece of real estate.

Sounds like a factory to me. :D

Edit: Apparently consumption of cheese and dairy as well as wine helps to reduce cognitive decline later in life, specifically, Alzheimer's, at least, according to this paper.

Which is a good sign, I love cheese. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom