• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Kentucky usually has crazy weather, but it's really been wild lately. A bit before Christmas we got hit by a big storm that caused 18 tornadoes to touch down in the state, one being the farthest traveling tornado recorded. Those tornadoes also completely destroyed a few towns. Thankfully none happened where I live, but they did happen in every single county surrounding mine and there was one not too far from where I live.
Then we had a streak of warm weather in the 70s. Which isn't super unusual for December here, but always weird to have a warm Christmas. On New Years we had another bad storm, and 10 more tornadoes touched down in the state. Thankfully these weren't very damaging, mostly just taking down trees and barns/some roofs. They were mostly EF0 and EF1 tornadoes. But once again there was one not too far from where I live. Then it got to freezing temperatures and today we got around 9 inches of snow. The roads are awful. There was a 20-30 car pileup on a parkway around here.

So we've been experiencing the craziest of like a years worth of weather in one month.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Feeling pretty lousy, realizing how successful a lot of people are in my age range, already with published books in their fields of science and have names for themselves. Don't know how I can manage anything close to that.
or stuff like my little sister being married for a year with a kid when she's 2 years younger than me
am I supposed to be doing something?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Feeling pretty lousy, realizing how successful a lot of people are in my age range, already with published books in their fields of science and have names for themselves. Don't know how I can manage anything close to that.
Hey, some people might but most people don't, just because you haven't done that kind of thing doesnt mean you're doing something wrong. Idk how strongly you feel about this but you certainly shouldn't let it get you down, everyone's life is different and just cause you arent doing what a handful of really sucessful people have done doesnt mean you arent sucessful.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
If we're really gonna play the age comparison game, there's a guy who's 18 and last year won like 4 races in the NASCAR Xfinity series including winning in his first ever race. Like Linda said, people live different lives and it's not really comprable.

And besides, so what if you never make it big? Do you enjoy what you're doing? I know I enjoy hearing you talk about it. Just because you're not reaching 1000s of people doesn't mean you haven't "made it"

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

My mother went back to university and became a social worker in her 40s. I know someone who went to my college doing biology with all the 17/18 year olds at the age of 25. He's a top anti aging scientist now. It might feel hard sometimes by I would try not to worry about what people your own age are doing compared to you. Everyone has their own pace. Some people gain success and make their fortunes later on.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Don't feel bad! Because they managed to be doing something good for themselves doesn't make you a lesser person. Some people rise and shine early, others later and some for a short time. And some people already shine without them realizing it ;)
You're so talented and such a great and cool person I don't doubt you're getting there too!

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i have 60 hours in Tetris 99 according to NSO
in game says I have around 50 hours
meaning Ive spent 10 hours of my life just waiting for the arenas to load

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom