• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I pissed off my brother last night and he got mad and punched the fridge. Turns out he broke his hand bad because of it. It wasn't my fault but I'm still torn up with guilt over it because if it weren't for me, his hand would be fine. He loves playing guitar and drums and also loves doing model airplanes and now, because of me, he can't do what he loves. And what do I love doing? Playing video games, watching NASCAR and dreaming about the future, always planning but never getting anywhere. He's the one with the real talents and passions, but he's the one with his arm in a cast.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I went to a homeschool event for people around my age today. As we were driving there I was feeling confident. I thought to myself, ‘There’ll be board games there, I can play some and talk about my interests, show some of my drawings to people, and socialize.’

But it turned out that they didn’t play board games at all, they played basketball and volleyball, two sports I’m horrible at. I tried to play, but I didn’t really get into it, so I eventually sat down alone and drew for most of the event.

I’m feeling really disappointed in myself for not socializing very much if at all. Why is it so hard for me to socialize?

What’s wrong with me?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Something interesting I learned today:

"Waiting is actually an important part of building memory. By waiting and then recalling something as it's fading away, you're telling your mind that it shouldn't forget that item. But, if you keep bringing it up over and over again in a short period of time your brain will just keep it in its short term memory, meaning you probably won't remember it later."

I never knew that the human memory worked that way.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Something interesting I learned today:

"Waiting is actually an important part of building memory. By waiting and then recalling something as it's fading away, you're telling your mind that it shouldn't forget that item. But, if you keep bringing it up over and over again in a short period of time your brain will just keep it in its short term memory, meaning you probably won't remember it later."

I never knew that the human memory worked that way.
Dude. This is great.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I went to a homeschool event for people around my age today. As we were driving there I was feeling confident. I thought to myself, ‘There’ll be board games there, I can play some and talk about my interests, show some of my drawings to people, and socialize.’

But it turned out that they didn’t play board games at all, they played basketball and volleyball, two sports I’m horrible at. I tried to play, but I didn’t really get into it, so I eventually sat down alone and drew for most of the event.

I’m feeling really disappointed in myself for not socializing very much if at all. Why is it so hard for me to socialize?

What’s wrong with me?
Bro I felt this... I never talk to anyone, even my friends, when I'm in a group. One thing I've learned from ZD is "Just Click Send"- don't overthink it, if you have something to say just say it before the conversation moves away to something else. I went to a college days thing recently and didn't talk to anyone for three days...

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
There are theories that the reason time seems to move faster the older you get is because you're no longer adapting to new things. Basically, constantly learning new things helps you prevent going on autopilot and speeding through your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom