• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

I learned two new words in Japanese tonight that are borrowed/created from combining English words and they’re hilarious to me.
ヴァージンロード (baajin roodo - taken from “virgin road”) means “wedding aisle”
パイプカット (paipu cutto - taken from “pipe cut”) means “vasectomy”

Ahahahhah, they're great!

The wedding aisle will forever be the virgin road to me now!

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Just another thing on my mind that I might make into a blog post. It was about frank self defense.

Reality is, most people don't know how to fight, and I've seen too many people give themselves a false sense of security by taking one or two self defense courses, thinking that's enough to protect them.

If you intend to learn how to fight, learn an actual combat sport like boxing, BJJ, wrestling, etc. at the very least and spar as often as possible so you get conditioned to taking and receiving hits and how to deal with the situation.

If you carry a weapon, know how to use it, practice, take some courses. They're there for a reason.

On top of that, even little things like situational awareness really helps to avoid most fights.

Reactions: Dio

Ninja

Well well well
I’m debating whether or not to upgrade to the new iPhone 11 Pro Max. My X works amazing and if I wait a few more months it’ll be paid off in full.

I’m all about reducing expenses however the midnight matte green looks so amazing.

First world problems I guess.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Currently, I'm wondering how I'm going to avoid getting eliminated in a game that's going on in another forum I'm on.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Went to the Backstreet Boys concert last night. Young me would be extremely jealous, but I think older me appreciated it more than I would have years ago. And wow, do they put on a crazy amazing show. They sound just as good in person and really put their all into singing, dancing, and making the show fun and hilarious. Also kinda steamy. All these years later and they still play up that boy band status well.

Also got to go to a Halloween corn maze attraction afterwards that was a lot of fun too. And the first time I've done something like that despite my extreme love of Halloween. So yesterday was pretty great and more fun than I've had in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom