• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My first week back in Tokyo has gone really well. I've caught up with lots of friends, been out to bars, izakaya, karaoke, and museums. All the while working full time. It is an exhausting life style but while I am young and full of energy it is so much fun.

TheGreatCthulhu

ZD Champion
People that get all uppity about semantics and turns of phrases.

For example, when I was discussing water cooled PC's, and I mentioned that the order of the loop doesn't make a difference, a lot of first year engineering students said it does.

When I retorted with, "Is 1 to 2 degrees Celsius really that much of a practical difference?" they started shutting up.

In fact, it's something that bothers me as a whole. I write an answer on Quora that keeps things succinct, but someone else has to add in a caveat that I already knew about and start an argument over something I clearly think didn't make a difference.

And it's always incredibly minor things. Obviously when I'm answering a question about computers, history, or whatever, I'm of course not going to condense an entire field of study or an entire industry down to an answer about a few paragraphs wrong.

Another example, people felt the need to point out to me, no less than ten times, that a 2L soda bottle isn't 2L, it's 20 fluid ounces.

-_- I CAN ****ING READ THE LABEL!!! People in my area call those 2L bottles, and have been forever. We know it isn't 2 liters exactly, but that's what we call it.

Not everything is a ****ing peer reviewed scientific paper, where you have to be precise.

Rant done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom