• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Ninja

Well well well
Thank you to those that have shown me some love during the difficult decision to rehome my dog.

I looked him up on the animal shelter and they placed him on the transfer list, which meant that he was not adoptable due to his issues and could only be transferred to a rescue.

We spent a couple of hours reaching out to a few local rescues that specialize in large breed dogs and was able to get his name out there.

A rescue contacted me, and they picked him up today. We saved him from potential euthanasia and were so happy that he’s able to be properly trained, and he will definitely get a forever home.

The lady told me that he’s so happy to be out of the shelter. :)

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Thank you to those that have shown me some love during the difficult decision to rehome my dog.

I looked him up on the animal shelter and they placed him on the transfer list, which meant that he was not adoptable due to his issues and could only be transferred to a rescue.

We spent a couple of hours reaching out to a few local rescues that specialize in large breed dogs and was able to get his name out there.

A rescue contacted me, and they picked him up today. We saved him from potential euthanasia and were so happy that he’s able to be properly trained, and he will definitely get a forever home.

The lady told me that he’s so happy to be out of the shelter. :)

So happy to hear that! Glad he didn't have a long stay in the shelter.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
People in Japan tend to do this thing where they don’t directly say what they’re thinking so you have to work out how they really feel or what they mean. Obviously this happens elsewhere too but here it’s taken very far.

For example I was sitting with friends in a library after closing time and a staff member comes up and instead of asking us to leave she quietly mumbles in Japanese saying something along the lines of “hmm maybe I’ll be turning off the lights and I might leave in a minute”. Or one time I’m with friends looking for a capsule hotel to spend the night after missing the train home and instead of telling us we can’t stay because it’s full, the employee just stood there awkwardly staring at the screen saying “ummm, hmmm, let’s see” for a few minutes until we got the message and said it’s ok we will look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom