• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Misty

Ronin
Dear Deus:

I've been looking for love in all the wrong places. My best friend says that fictional characters cannot actually really love you back. Is this true? Should I stop saving myself for the cross between Drizzit and Mr. Darcy? Also, does this skirt flatter my figure?

Thanks,

Misty

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Dear @Deus,

My Mom and my Dad are now completely separated. Dad kicked my Mom out of his Voice chat. Now, my Dad is taking this as an opportunity to lecture me on Turkeys and how the fallacies of the South are actually "true". Dad is also making me watch Scooby Doo and touch all of his Raer Celdas. I do not know how I feel about this, as it goes against everything Mom has taught me. Without Mom there in the voice chat, there is no reason to Dad's will. What should I do?

Thank you so much,

Lozjam

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
@Misty

I'm afraid your friend is right. Fictional characters can never reciprocate your love no matter how much you might like them to. This one sided kind of relationship will only leave you wanting more. I would recommend saving yourself for someone who can love you like you can love them.

And yes that skirt looks wonderful on you.

Deus

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
@Lozjam

What is happening to you isn't right. It sounds to me as though your father is now abusing you. A person should never be forced to touch Raer Celdas without consent.

I can see how this situation will be putting a strain on your relationship but if you want to try to salvage it, you need to explain what he is doing is wrong and that you are not going to put up with it. It may be that you have to part ways with your father if he can't agree to treat you with the respect you deserve.

Deus

PS: I will say that arguing with those set in the Southern way and even worse, turkey lovers, is often like arguing with religious fanatics. There is almost never a way to get through to them and you will have a daunting task ahead of you.

Misty

Ronin
Dear Deus:

I just found out that my son has been being abused by his father. We divorced several years ago due to my son's father being a lazy, good-for-nothing turkey lover, but after the paperwork cleared and I'd had several months to cool down, I decided to remain on speaking terms for the sake of our son. I didn't want my child to feel torn between his parents, even if one of those parents is engaged in a lifestyle which included cheating on his wife with men in turkey suits. More recently, he had kicked me from his chat. Now I find out he's been abusing our son. What should I do?

Thank you,

Misty.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
@Misty

Do you have any other way to contact your son? If so I would recommend you utilise it and speak with him. With what he is going through it would be good for you to reassure him he has your full love and support through this difficult time. You are right not to try and force him into a situation where he has to choose between you as he doesn't need that kind of pressure, especially with all that is going on. He will have to make his own decision about whether he wishes to continue his relationship with his father. Just let him know he will always have his mum there for him whatever he chooses.

Deus

Misty

Ronin
@Misty

Do you have any other way to contact your son? If so I would recommend you utilise it and speak with him. With what he is going through it would be good for you to reassure him he has your full love and support through this difficult time. You are right not to try and force him into a situation where he has to choose between you as he doesn't need that kind of pressure, especially with all that is going on. He will have to make his own decision about whether he wishes to continue his relationship with his father. Just let him know he will always have his mum there for him whatever he chooses.

Deus

If ZD doesn't decide to pick you up as their agony auntie and/or being a podiatrist doesn't work out...you have a real future here. I mean a REAL future in this business.

Reactions: Dio

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Hello everybody

I have a story to tell. It is a story of utmost bull**** that you guys need to settle in and prepare yourselves for. However it's not that interesting so also, you know, don't prepare.
Sooo I've been working for a busy family run plumbing firm since February, doing admin. Although some people think office jobs would be their worst nightmare, I spent three years in retail and was glad for the chance to get the hell out of there.
Mostly I liked my job, but the way the company is run is kind of ****. It's too long to get into here but over the course of me working there it's become more and more like Warsaw in the 1940s. In that now they're not even allowed to pick their own desktop wallpaper because it might 'distract' us. **** like that. Morale has been low for months and the managers just don't give a ****. When my supervisor told them people are feeling down, one manager's response was, and I quote "good, and they should feel down, that's how it should be".
Anyway, last week, I was really sick. Like, vomitting for four days. Also furthermore, I was sick in the sense that atm my mental health is on shaky ground due to depression. Well, obviously I couldn't go to work because I was literally blowing chunks. On Tuesday, which was the worst day of this sickness, I got a threatening voicemail telling me that I have to be in. I called up and said I can't help being ill. I was told my health comes second to the company. I said erm no it doesn't, I'll come in when I can. The next day I was hardly any better so my mum called up for me due to the fact that the threatening phone call from them had me tied up with so much anxiety I couldn't face it. They told her I had to get a doctors note. So I did, I went to the doctor who IMMEDIATELY signed me off for the rest of the week no questions asked because I was CLEARLY ill. I went in on Monday, gave my note in, nobody said **** to me which rightfully they ****ing can't because you can't fire someone for being sick especially when they have medical back up. Well, you would THINK that wouldn't you.

Well on Tuesday I come in to find an envelope on my desk. In the envelope was a compliment slip saying "I didn't get a chance to talk to you yesterday". And also in the envelope was a letter of aforementioned UTMOST BULL****. It basically explained that they are downsizing the company and reducing the staff size and this is my statutory week's notice (the first anyone has heard of this because ahem, IT IS A LIE, but we'll get to that). My boss called me in and I blatantly called him out and right you're firing me for being sick. He denied this but couldn't meet my eyes. None of the family have been able to meet me in the eye. One person overheard a conversation where the Mum (a CEO) told my boss to "just get rid of her" because I'm "too clever anyway". Apparently my boss and his brother didn't want to fire me but she said they had to, basically.
My theory on their excuse is because if they dismissed me on the grounds of my authorised absence, it would be unlawful dismissal and they don't want me to sue their arses so they are covering themselves by labelling it as a redundancy. Secondly, in actual fact, another girl I work with has never done a full week the entire time she's worked there and she's keeping her job. Now you might think you would fire the person who is never ****ing in, if anyone, rather than the person who had genuine reason not to be in.

The upshot of this is, I am having to complete the stupid week in order to get paid and get my reference (although my supervisor has said he will give me a reference anyway because he thinks this is bull****. Nobody even told him they were firing me beforehand). Today the ***** who got me fired wouldn't even directly address me, she actually referred to me like this: "Gary (my supervisor) deal with it" *points at me*. Also, as word has spread about what they've done to me, three people are threatening to quit, 2 of whom are the accountants for the company. Lol. Even one of the plumbers actually had an argument with the bosses today on my behalf when he found out as he pointed out I'd have to give a months notice if I quit but they can just fire me however they feel. Furthermore one of the other plumbers got fired last week for missing a few days of work WHEN HE FOUND OUT HIS MOTHER ONLY HAS 2 MONTHS TO LIVE. If that doesn't spell out dickheads I don't know what does.

Anyway, I really just needed to air my pissed offness on this matter. On the bright side I already have 2 interviews lined up. I'm not sad at leaving the job I'm just pissed at the dishonest way it's happened on their part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom