• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Feverish

Source of stink
Modded skyrim is so much different than my experience with 360 skyrim. 360 skyrim was my all time favorite game for a while, with the only thing that brought it down being what felt like a lack of customization and a lack of really good quests. With modding bringing back an infinite amount of both, it's back up there as my favorite game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
well im kinda pissed because in order to fill out my fafsa i have to provide parental information, i don't want to do that. i am not under my parents anymore. **** off asking for information, fafsa. I'M the student in need of ****ing money, not my parents.

Misty

Ronin
General sense of ennui has been on the rise the past few weeks. Trying to cure by reading Russian author who wrote about nimphets and American author who wore bandanas unironically. Curing poison with poison is the mission statement of my life.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
well im kinda pissed because in order to fill out my fafsa i have to provide parental information, i don't want to do that. i am not under my parents anymore. **** off asking for information, fafsa. I'M the student in need of ****ing money, not my parents.
I never liked the whole fafsa process. Also I don't like the idea of going to a university in general, so community college it is! Even that I don't much care for. I'd rather just get a ****** job so I can make money, not lose it. Since I'm going to community college though, I'd rather pay for it all myself, but I need a proper job though! Which it seems every employer and their mother require a bachelor's degree just to apply

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never liked the whole fafsa process. Also I don't like the idea of going to a university in general, so community college it is! Even that I don't much care for. I'd rather just get a ****** job so I can make money, not lose it. Since I'm going to community college though, I'd rather pay for it all myself, but I need a proper job though! Which it seems every employer and their mother require a bachelor's degree just to apply
Well if you're going to CC, you don't need a proper job. and if you go to your state uni for your later education if at all, you can probably still ride on an irregular job. I personally work at wally world, $10.40/hr to stock shelves and get carts. I work on average 34hrs during the summer, and 25-30 hrs during the school year. If you budget properly and don't get into accidents, you should be able to get through CC without owing a dime, and state uni you can probably get by with only ~$6k or so in debt for your bachelor's which honestly isn't that much all things considered. Just don't take any classes that SOUND cool which you don't need.

The First Noelle

Resident Miscreant
I wish whatever's causing me to be depressed would just go away already. The past few weeks have been rather rough for me...I've cried a lot more than usual, and just felt so much more pain than I used to. I do have times when I'm happy and things seem okay, but it seems that most of the time I'm tormented by this emotional angst and feelings of worthlessness. :(

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
worthlessness

I’m not sure what definition of self-worth or lack thereof you operate under, but according to my worldview your existence does possess worth — girl you matter.

Here is a Vlogbrothers’ video discussing how and why defining what matters is becoming increasing difficult.

I, DARK MASTER, am not particularity well at providing emotional comfort, but I want you to succeed. Perhaps this reply can be of some use. Best of random chance Karma!

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I wish whatever's causing me to be depressed would just go away already. The past few weeks have been rather rough for me...I've cried a lot more than usual, and just felt so much more pain than I used to. I do have times when I'm happy and things seem okay, but it seems that most of the time I'm tormented by this emotional angst and feelings of worthlessness. :(
Hey, I feel you. It's not a fun thing to go through. I struggle with it constantly myself. There is no magic fix, I really wish there was. But there's not. Still, I can give you two points of advice that will help a lot. First, get a support circle. Friends, trusted family members, perhaps a therapist. And just talk about them about what you're feeling. Trust me, that helps, a lot. Second, try to let all your feelings out and examine them so you can figure out what exactly is causing your feelings. Knowing that alone will help you far more than you would think. It did for me. It's not easy though. It took me over two decades to figure out my problem. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Understanding yourself is how you need to start with dealing with these feelings. You can't "fix them" if you don't know their source. If you find out the source, find someone you really, really trust to talk with about it. It's extremely important to just explain it to someone else because it'll make so much more sense to you then and you will feel a lot better. And even though it won't get rid of those feelings, it won't seem as insurmountable for you. It's the best advice I can give anyone going through something like this.

The First Noelle

Resident Miscreant
Thank you for your advice and support. I do try to talk to my family about how I'm feeling, but I don't tell them all the dark thoughts I have, for fear of how they'll react (will they think I'm crazy or just tryin to get attention?). I'm not sure I have anyone who I trust fully and who I can tell all my feelings to.

And I do have some idea about what's causing these feelings, but I start feeling really guilty and ashamed when I even start to think about it, because it's something I did a long time ago that I shouldn't have done and was really bad. I've been carrying around the guilt from that for years, but don't want to say anything about it as it will only get me in trouble. Big trouble.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Thank you for your advice and support. I do try to talk to my family about how I'm feeling, but I don't tell them all the dark thoughts I have, for fear of how they'll react (will they think I'm crazy or just tryin to get attention?). I'm not sure I have anyone who I trust fully and who I can tell all my feelings to.

And I do have some idea about what's causing these feelings, but I start feeling really guilty and ashamed when I even start to think about it, because it's something I did a long time ago that I shouldn't have done and was really bad. I've been carrying around the guilt from that for years, but don't want to say anything about it as it will only get me in trouble. Big trouble.

If there is nobody you trust enough could you perhaps talk to a professional about what you did? They are bound by confidentiality so you wouldn't get into trouble for telling them and talking things through with them.

You may feel better if you can just get it off your chest in some way.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff

Oh are you hitting the right note here! I'm absolutely terrified of the prospect of telling mine. Only two of them know. There's one more I think I can trust that I will try to talk to.... the rest I'm pretty sure will want to disown me. The one I want to tell wouldn't let them. So I get you. It's really not easy to find a family member you can be sure about. Friends are a good backup. Therapists are better. They won't judge you if you find the right one. If you have an idea what is bothering you, research therapists for it in your area and you can maybe find one that specializes in it. If it's a taboo subject for your area, like mine, you can ask around support groups from your area and see if they know. I actually found mine from my cousin, who's a therapist. But since family can't be yours, she helped me by finding the perfect one for my problem. Unfortunately not everyone has that super helpful friend or family member who's actually a professional therapist like that that can help find the right one. So that's why support groups can help find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom