• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Keeping such secrets isn't compromising of the friendship. If they directly asked and you lied about it, that would. And keeping secrets doesn't mean you aren't a friend.
That's the thing though, there are certain questions they could ask and I'd feel obligated to lie. I don't know why, I can't really explain it, but it's not a feeling I enjoy. It also makes me feel guilty hiding things from them.

I have a lot of friends at my school. For once in my life, I'm actually happy, because I have a lot of people I can hang out with and I'm hardly ever alone anymore.

But today I had a revelation. Are they really my friends? I hang out with these guys, we practice together in the halls, we eat lunch together, we go out for beers after a long day. I consider myself to be quite close to them. But how close are they actually to me? I love them to bits, but there are tons of things about myself that I hide from them. For example, ZD. But not just ZD, there are things about my past, and even my present, that I don't feel comfortable telling them. They know next to nothing about me, and I know next to nothing about them. So are they really my friends? Friends are supposed to be people you can count on, people you can share your darkest secrets with. But there are things I can't even imaging telling them. It makes me wonder how many of my "friendships" are genuine, and if I really have any true friends at all at this moment. I shouldn't have to live a lie around them.

I don't know. Just random thoughts I've been having. I wish I could figure this out because it's really bothering me. I love these guys, they're like family to me, but I hide my life from them. Are they really my true friends then? I know they'd be totally understanding about anything I tell them, but idk... I hate living a lie but I still feel like I have to, and I really don't like feeling this way.

What Malon said. Still, there's no reason you shouldn't open up to some of them if you feel comfortable doing it. You'll know which ones are your true friends afterward. :)

Off topic from Tristan's post but I have a position for you and I'm obligated to ask permission and I may have already but I don't remember. Can I have permission to feature you in my ZD fic, @Soul?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
So I'm back in Sydney now, time in Japan was the best month of my life by far. Can't wait to go back.

I have much to do after a month away but will be trying to bring myself up to date over the next week or so. Please PM me if you feel a matter needs my direct attention so that I won't gloss over/miss it in the pages of text that I've likely missed while away.

Off topic from Tristan's post but I have a position for you and I'm obligated to ask permission and I may have already but I don't remember. Can I have permission to feature you in my ZD fic, @Soul?

I'd feel absolutely honoured to be a part of that. :)

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I have a lot of friends at my school. For once in my life, I'm actually happy, because I have a lot of people I can hang out with and I'm hardly ever alone anymore.

But today I had a revelation. Are they really my friends? I hang out with these guys, we practice together in the halls, we eat lunch together, we go out for beers after a long day. I consider myself to be quite close to them. But how close are they actually to me? I love them to bits, but there are tons of things about myself that I hide from them. For example, ZD. But not just ZD, there are things about my past, and even my present, that I don't feel comfortable telling them. They know next to nothing about me, and I know next to nothing about them. So are they really my friends? Friends are supposed to be people you can count on, people you can share your darkest secrets with. But there are things I can't even imaging telling them. It makes me wonder how many of my "friendships" are genuine, and if I really have any true friends at all at this moment. I shouldn't have to live a lie around them.

I don't know. Just random thoughts I've been having. I wish I could figure this out because it's really bothering me. I love these guys, they're like family to me, but I hide my life from them. Are they really my true friends then? I know they'd be totally understanding about anything I tell them, but idk... I hate living a lie but I still feel like I have to, and I really don't like feeling this way.
I know that exact feeling. And I feel the exact same thing with my current group of friends as well....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So...all pages are page 104 except for the first page?
GN6ZI0p.jpg

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die

Not telling everyone everything doesn't mean you re not their true friend. You've really only known these people for a few months. Just get on with things and cross these bridges when they come.

Dan

I know how you feel Tristan I think many of us go through this trail of thought. I think the saying that you only have 3-4 PROPER friends is mostly true. We have our outer set of friends and our inner set. Perhaps they are an outer set of friends, that doesn't mean you can't become closer. If you "love" them then perhaps they feel the same way. Look at it another way though, would you tell your loving family about ZD? ;)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Don't you just love those mystery cuts you have no idea how you got? You don't realize they're there until they've been exposed long enough for something to get in them and start stinging.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Don't you just love those mystery cuts you have no idea how you got? You don't realize they're there until they've been exposed long enough for something to get in them and start stinging.

I hate those types of cuts, Literally the worst and yes they justify the capital at the start of Literally. Worse one are the one i get from college (i think it's college)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom