• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Guys, never ever clean your room. You might find something disturbing if you do. I just stumbled upon records from my birth, including those from my mother. It states she got pregnant with twins in April 1989. I was born in June of 1990, and I don't have a twin sibling. Did I overlook something here, or is the only logical conclusion that my mother lost two of her children during pregnancy?
I can't exactly ask her about since she passed away, and I'm not sure I want to trouble my Dad with it. But I kind of feel like I have to know. Something horrible like this happening in my mother's past might answer some questions I desperately need answered. (Sorry for the heavy stuff guys, needed to get that off my chest)

Salem

SICK
Guys, never ever clean your room. You might find something disturbing if you do. I just stumbled upon records from my birth, including those from my mother. It states she got pregnant with twins in April 1989. I was born in June of 1990, and I don't have a twin sibling. Did I overlook something here, or is the only logical conclusion that my mother lost two of her children during pregnancy?
I can't exactly ask her about since she passed away, and I'm not sure I want to trouble my Dad with it. But I kind of feel like I have to know. Something horrible like this happening in my mother's past might answer some questions I desperately need answered. (Sorry for the heavy stuff guys, needed to get that off my chest)
Oh God, I'm both interested and scared to know more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

You might not want to trouble your father, but if you need to know then speaking to him about it is what you're going to have to do.

I'd ask him if I were you.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

Could've been a Miscarriage. Abortion or other things. Or it could've been a false positive at the time, or hell YOU could've been twins at one point who knows. No reason not to ask. If anything you might kick open some ancient crypts but it isn't your fault for inquiring.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My mom's first child died at birth. I wouldn't be able to stand not knowing that fact. As much as you don't want to trouble your dad, it's the only way you're gonna find out. At 25, you definitely deserve the truth by this point.

Could've been a Miscarriage. Abortion or other things. Or it could've been a false positive at the time, or hell YOU could've been twins at one point who knows. No reason not to ask. If anything you might kick open some ancient crypts but it isn't your fault for inquiring.

That's what I thought at first aswell, but the dates don't check out. April 89 till June 90 is 14 months, and I don't think I was five months overdue.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I think I'll inquire about it when the time is right. No need to put a damper on the mood right about now.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I can understand you don't want to bug your father or make him feel sad or whatever, but it's not something that just crossed your mind. You found those records from birth. As a child, you've got the right to know. Maybe when the time is right you could ask someone in the family or your dad.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
That's what I thought at first aswell, but the dates don't check out. April 89 till June 90 is 14 months, and I don't think I was five months overdue.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I think I'll inquire about it when the time is right. No need to put a damper on the mood right about now.

I hope you get the answers you need in time :)

Djinn

and Tonic
Lady in Starbucks this morning had two little kids, they had to have been 3-4 at best. Named Chandler and Joey, she was yelling their names over and over again when they ran around.

I hope little Chandler never watches the show and discovers who he is named for.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

There are only 4 things I can think of. Either you had a twin that died and you were the other twin. You had twin siblings and something went wrong. The documents could be wrong, maybe they thought at first your mother was pregnant with twins but it was actually just you. Or maybe you were adopted.

I really hope you find the answers you need, at some point you should definitely confront your father about it because you deserve to know.

Of those four, only two seem reasonable. As I said, the dates don't check out, so a lost twin sibling isn't a possibility. I can't imagine being adopted either - my sister and I look too much alike for that to be the case. I'm really hoping that the documents are just wrong here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom