• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Night Owl

~Momentai
Kinda frustrated at my Government class.
So far the class has mainly consisted of discussing current events with the occasional cliff notes lecture on the material needed for the test. There seems to be 20-50 points extra credit available to be added to your test grade, apparently to help everyone get an "A" regardless of his/her level of study. (The claim is that she knows what it's like to be a poor test taker) Her first test seemed to be the most diabolical creation I've ever seen. Several multiple choice had answers that were identical and could both be logically used to answer the question correctly. True and false questions that were ambiguous either due to deliberate typos or general poor English. I think the test had every diabolical trick in the book. I walked away from it feeling cheated, a feeling that I rarely get from test taking. It felt like the test was designed to punish those who don't do any extra credit. I got a 78 (before EC) on it and I have hunch that I might have one of the best scores in the class. (91 with the 13 extra points from the review day)

Tests are supposed to be challenging and make you wish you had studied more, not leave you feeling like you've been cheated.
This is the first time I've ever felt like a test was made to screw me over and that no amount of increased prior preparation could have led to a better grade.
/end rant

Night Owl

~Momentai
That is not ok at all, do you ever turn on the taps and water just doesn't come because it's all frozen or what?
No, That happens down in the south where the temperature is below freezing a handful of days in the year.
The siding around the base of our house was in disrepair last winter so we had our pipes freeze a few times, Luckily without bursting.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
friend asked if he could name his fourth child after me. i hope for its sake that it's not a girl.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I love how petty people are. I'm running for a student government position. One of the girls that is also running happens to be in my class. Ever since elections started, and we've been campaigning, she has not said a word to me nor made eye contact with me. It's so pathetic. Why people take stuff like this personally, I'll never understand.

I love how petty people are. I'm running for a student government position. One of the girls that is also running happens to be in my class. Ever since elections started, and we've been campaigning, she has not said a word to me nor made eye contact with me. It's so pathetic. Why people take stuff like this personally, I'll never understand.
I'm running for a student organization position. One of the people I'm running against broke two rules already, and some of my friends told me that I should report her. I'm not that petty, but to be honest, part of me really wants to.
Pretty petty huh!

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I was talking to one of my friends earlier, and he said he has a final in one of his classes already. Early October seems pretty early to have a final for the fall semester.
unless they're on trimesters. depending on which week classes start, finals could be as early as next week.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I was talking to one of my friends earlier, and he said he has a final in one of his classes already. Early October seems pretty early to have a final for the fall semester.
Could be an 8 week course.
At Austin Community College there are three course lengths in a typical semester:
16 week courses (standard), 12 week courses (start 4 weeks in), and 8 week courses (either the first 8 weeks or the last 8 weeks).

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My classes this semester have been much more difficult than last semester and have had a lot more work but I feel as though I am learning a lot more now too. Networking Essentials for example is a lot of work but I feel good about it as I am actually learning quite a bit there as a result.

Next semester I'll be taking Database Fundamentals where I'll learn SQL, Japanese Language and Culture 3 (they'll probably start me on 3), Foundations in International Studies and I am tossing up on what to do as an option class. I am thinking either Applications Programming or Information System Development Methodologies.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom