• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
What sort of accommodation are you in? Are these the people you are likely to live with for the rest of the year?

Yeah. I hate it. I want to move back out already. (Rant Alert)

They're all kids. I couldn't live with 18 year olds when I was 18, let alone now. I'm sorry but I just don't find somebody getting so drunk they can't walk at 4 in the afternoon 'hilarious', I'm not against them having fun or doing what they want but I can't pretend to find it super interesting either. And I spend most of my time literally by myself. There are only 3 other people doing my course so no luck there. I came in last night and found one of the girls I live with getting off with a guy in the hallway and everyone was like omg this is so crazy!!! Erm, no it isn't, it's meh, it is the most meh thing ever if you've been to even one house party in the history of ever. And every male I come across thinks because I'm a first year I must be an easy target and they can try it on with me as soon as I've had one drink, excuse me but first of all I'm both taken and not interested in equal measure, second of all it takes a lot more than one drink and third of all, I'm legit 3 years older than most of them. Really? Is this my life now, fend off silly little boys and spend entire days without actual conversation with a single other human being? What am I even doing?

Anyway sorry, rant over, just really needed to get it out somewhere.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

They're all kids. I couldn't live with 18 year olds when I was 18, let alone now. I'm sorry but I just don't find somebody getting so drunk they can't walk at 4 in the afternoon 'hilarious', I'm not against them having fun or doing what they want but I can't pretend to find it super interesting either. And I spend most of my time literally by myself. There are only 3 other people doing my course so no luck there. I came in last night and found one of the girls I live with getting off with a guy in the hallway and everyone was like omg this is so crazy!!! Erm, no it isn't, it's meh, it is the most meh thing ever if you've been to even one house party in the history of ever. And every male I come across thinks because I'm a first year I must be an easy target and they can try it on with me as soon as I've had one drink, excuse me but first of all I'm both taken and not interested in equal measure, second of all it takes a lot more than one drink and third of all, I'm legit 3 years older than most of them. Really? Is this my life now, fend off silly little boys and spend entire days without actual conversation with a single other human being? What am I even doing?

Had this issue for maybe 6 years, i've never "fit" in with the kids my age so i was always bullied, i refused to do stupid things such as getting drunk constantly or throwing crap at people so i was on the outside, speaking now, i've found people who are good friends, which is strange to say coming from my own lips/fingerstips, best advice i can give is friendships will occur naturally or at least the good ones are, don't bother with those in your dorm/accommodation, instead chat with those in the course you are on, maybe about the course. Some will be there in the hopes of an easy grade others will be there because it interests them, don't bother with those that want an easy grade.

Blech heres me giving advice when i've had friends all of a few weeks. But then meh maybe i am qualified for it speaking on a both sides of that fence.

Incidentally learning the latin names for plants is a flying goatturd, got them last night around 6 and i've got them all memorized but one or two keep slipping away. Gawddamn trees.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I did a college course for one year with 16 year olds when I was 18-19. Just being in the same room as them was imploding my mind on a daily. The absolute **** they talked about and were amused by made me want to lobotomize myself with a breadbin. You might have heard about a killing spree on the news if I had to put up with them all for any longer. I would seriously advise against doing that yourself though, as tempting as it may sound, your fellow prison inmates could be even worse.

Is there any option of finding an alternative accommodation?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I did a college course for one year with 16 year olds when I was 18-19. Just being in the same room as them was imploding my mind on a daily. The absolute **** they talked about and were amused by made me want to lobotomize myself with a breadbin. You might have heard about a killing spree on the news if I had to put up with them all for any longer. I would seriously advise against doing that yourself though, as tempting as it may sound, your fellow prison inmates could be even worse.

Is there any option of finding an alternative accommodation?

I'm going to see them about it but I don't think so. I might go home and commute, it's a long journey but they were stupid for splitting all the older people up in the first place.

I dont mind them as people but I've tried to spend time with them and after like ten minutes I literally feel like I've had enough for a week.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
the world will be deprived of my most heinous mario maker creations as i cannot actually pass them. this is horrible designer oppression.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
If I get Mario Maker I will probably not study this weekend.
If I don't get Mario Maker I will be sad.
If I am sad I will probably not study this weekend.

I'm stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom