• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer
The thread on my greenstone pendant is fraying. As much as I dislike the person who gave it to me I still like it so I don't want to lose it or have to stop wearing it :/

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I personally always found that breaking all ties and then seeing if later on you could be friends again worked better than staying friends right after you break up.
I think it depends on the bond in question. My ex is still one of my close friends, but you need to give yourself time to transition from a couple to just friends, talk things out once there's some distance, etc.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I think it depends on the bond in question. My ex is still one of my close friends, but you need to give yourself time to transition from a couple to just friends, talk things out once there's some distance, etc.
Oh, I agree totally. But mainly what I was trying to say was that breaking up and immediately trying to be friends is usually not something that is possible. There are too many fresh emotions and behaviors that have become normalized. If you've ever actually tried to stay friends with an ex right after you break up, you may catch yourself still trying to kiss them good bye or holding hands, and that can just be awkward. I find it best to take a break from each other for a few. Days, weeks, months ... depending, of course, on the circumstances. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm still really good friends with two of my exes, and I'm on cordial terms all of the others but one.

Azure Sage

Spread Smiles!
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Now I'm officially all done all of my work for both Theories of Counseling and Technical Writing. So much weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Top Bottom