• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I'm pretty sure that ever since I screwed up at a piano recital my mom (who's a piano teacher) held, I've started getting anxiety just from practicing. Not sure it if's just me, but really, ever since that time, it hasn't been the same.

you have to have amnesia with public performance of any kind. if you dwell on your mistakes, you'll never make it. screwing up is a painful but necessary part of the maturation process. the only thing you can control is how you prepare for the next performance.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I personally always found that breaking all ties and then seeing if later on you could be friends again worked better than staying friends right after you break up.

I think it depends on the bond in question. My ex is still one of my close friends, but you need to give yourself time to transition from a couple to just friends, talk things out once there's some distance, etc.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I think it depends on the bond in question. My ex is still one of my close friends, but you need to give yourself time to transition from a couple to just friends, talk things out once there's some distance, etc.

Oh, I agree totally. But mainly what I was trying to say was that breaking up and immediately trying to be friends is usually not something that is possible. There are too many fresh emotions and behaviors that have become normalized. If you've ever actually tried to stay friends with an ex right after you break up, you may catch yourself still trying to kiss them good bye or holding hands, and that can just be awkward. I find it best to take a break from each other for a few. Days, weeks, months ... depending, of course, on the circumstances. Like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm still really good friends with two of my exes, and I'm on cordial terms all of the others but one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom