• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Fig

The Altruist
Currently I'm studying for my American State Government exam while also watching S@X (Smash tournament every Tuesday/Thursday). I'm also really happy that finally my scholarships have paid for my tuition this semester and I'm getting a huge refund. Really can't wait for my refund to come in on Friday.

Fig

The Altruist
Just woke up right now to get ready for university. Apparently I just took a few minutes longer for my shower so now I'll won't be able to make it in time to the hourly bus ride and have to wait til the next hour arrives.

Azure Sage

Spread Smiles!
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The two albums I wanted that came out yesterday are really great. Like, really really great. Aw yiss. Also for some reason I find it funny that the second song on the Durarara!!x2 ending single is a Van Halen cover.

I never realized how integral a part the use of sarcasm is in every day social interaction until I met a person who has trouble detecting it in conversation. Said person is a fellow employee: older male, mid-forties. He claims to have a high I.Q., he's a chess champion, and he's quite intelligent overall, a claim against which I am not contesting (for sake of clarity). He also has an autism spectrum disorder that makes it difficult for him to pick up on certain social cues such as sarcasm.

This tends to lead into many awkward situations in which my coworkers and I have to explain to him the many ever-present not-so-serious and/or lighthearted moments of every single conversation. Most of us have tried our best to just drop sarcasm and farcical speech from conversation altogether. Such a feat, however, seems nigh impossible without extensive training and conditioning. Sarcasm is just too essential a tool in speech.

...which really, really sucks, since he's like one of two coworkers with whom I converse on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctorzuko

Timelord Firelord
Just bought Toon Link and Sheik amiibo, now I will own 5 amiibo. This has officially gone farther than I originally intended. Pretty soon I'm gonna be lying in a pile of amiibo...rubbing them all over my face.

I love how the clerks at the gas station down the street think I'm a stoner. Okay, I do buy a lot of junk food on a nightly basis. And yeah, I am often seen wearing pajamas that appear to have a small logo on them that resembles Hannah Montana. And YES, I may often appear to be lethargic and overly relaxed. But I am not a stoner. Ugh. I hate social stereotypes.

\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
[BABYMETAL Bassist] BOH is my homeboy. Haha! ;)
It's not good to dwell on stupidity, people. So... Get over it. Simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)

Top Bottom