• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things in Zelda That Went Full-Circle

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Hello, Zelda Dungeon people!
Today, I shall talk about some things in the Zelda series that went full-circle.

If you watched the Skyward Sword Video Walkthrough on this website, you will know that in the Skyloft Silent Realm, when you go on top of the Knights Academy to get that tear, you just witnessed a "full-circle" event. Full-circle is when you start with something (or somewhere) then end with the same thing (or at the same place). How is the tear atop the Knights Academy, you ask? Well, remember at the beginning of the game when you have to get the HeadMaster's cat from the top of the academy? You have to take that pathway around the academy to get there. You also use that to get to the tear in the silent realm. See? Full-circle.

Next, In Twilight Princess, near the beginning of the game, the Heroes Shade –Who doesn't have the Gilded Sword or Mirror Shield from MM (Inside Joke BTW)– teaches you the Fatal Blow, the first of eight Hidden Skills in the game. Then at the end of the game, you defeat Ganondorf with the Fatal Blow. Yet another full-circle event.

Third, also in Twilight Princess, your adventure begins at Hyrule Castle (by it beginning, i mean when the main quest of Link and Midna starts), and at the end, the final "dungeon" is Hyrule Castle. Full-circle? Maybe, maybe not. I'll let the reader decide.

Fourth, in Phanthom Hourglass, there are a few full-circle parts. Obviously, I'm talking about going back to the Temple of the Ocean King after every "dungeon/temple".

Fifth, in A Link to the Past, your journey begins in Hyrule Castle. And your journey ends by fighting Ganon inside the Dark World where Hyrule Castle is in the light world.

Those are all the "full-circle" events in the Zelda franchise I can think of at the time. If I find any more, I shall update this thread. If you find any mistakes, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread. Thanks for reading! :)

Last edited:

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
That is more of a continious loop that you are thinking of. Full circle is more of something in a, for example, a saga or series of events.

Here's an example i just made up to explain "full-circle": "There is a huge war that begins in Kakariko Village. After a year or so of war and carnage, the hero defeats the evil villian at Kakariko Village during a battle." That is an example of a "full-circle" event.

In the beginning of ALttP, you go to Hyrule Castle to rescue Zelda. Along the way, you get your first sword from Link's uncle who dies. Later, after you get the Master Sword (your second sword), you go back to Hyrule castle to rescue Zelda again, but only this time it was too late she was already taken to the Dark World.

That work?

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
Sorry, VeNoM, that is not a "full-circle" event in Zelda. That's more of a story plot. :xd:

I love finding things that go full circle. And yes, linksneighbor, there most likely is tons more in Zelda games. And a lot more in other games as well.

Last edited:
Sorry, VeNoM, that is not a "full-circle" event in Zelda. That's more of a story plot. :xd:

But the events are repeating itself but in different ways, like you said...

Full-circle is when you start with something (or somewhere) then end with the same thing (or at the same place).

We started at Hyrule Castle and then later ended at Hyrule Castle before we went to the Dark World. That sounds like full circle to me. Unless I'm confused at what your saying here but that's the impression that I'm getting from you with your quote above.

Third, also in Twilight Princess, your adventure begins at Hyrule Castle (by it beginning, i mean when the main quest of Link and Midna starts), and at the end, the final "dungeon" is Hyrule Castle.

That's exactly the same thing that I'm talking about but with ALttP!

Full-circle? Maybe, maybe not. I'll let the reader decide.

So you were asking us to decide if that particular event in TP was full circle or not and when I reply to something similar in ALttP you told me that it's wrong.

:?

Two traditional cornerstones of the Zelda franchise which I believe went full circle are the Triforce and Master Sword. Skyward Sword was the final connecting piece in the story of these two items. Not only did the game provide an exceptional origin story for both but it also helped shed new light on games which were released before albeit chronologically later on the timeline. There was a particular comment which struck me while watching a youtube playthrough of Ocarina of Time during the Ganon battle. I regret not saving the original text, however, it went something along the lines of Fi's essence in the Master Sword arising once more to banish evil. Fi asked Link to plunge her into eternal slumber when he placed the Master Sword in a pedestal, however, that clearly was not the case when the blade was withdrawn from Ocarina of Time. In that respect, the series connections are brilliant and through the beginning we learned more about everything the franchise has to offer unto the end.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
We started at Hyrule Castle and then later ended at Hyrule Castle before we went to the Dark World. That sounds like full circle to me. Unless I'm confused at what your saying here but that's the impression that I'm getting from you with your quote.
So you were asking us to decide if that particular event in TP was full circle or not and when I reply to something similar in ALttP you told me that it's wrong.
:?

I am sorry VeNoM, ypu're right. When I was thinking of full-circle being "from beginning to end", i took it literally. But you are right, VeNoM. You're "full-circle" idea does work. Sorry for the confusion. :s

in the minish cap ur quest begins in hyrule castle, where u r are comissioned to repair the picori blade. at the end of game you return to hyrule castle where you transform the sword into its ideal form -- the four sword (its also the final dungeon). hyrlue castle comes full circle a lot, it seems.

Oh wow I never realized those until reading this thread. ono But I don't consider it much of a circle, just revisits. But i guess you're right. Nice job noticing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom