• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Thief + Perfect Ending?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Hi everyone. I'm wondering: how does one steal something and become Thief but still get the perfect ending? The only thought I have is that one never return to the Shop again. But that's a bit unadvisable is it not? Unless you get the Bow, and never have a true need to go back to the Shop again, I guess this is how it can be done. Correct?

Buy the shovel, and steal the bow. Or, you can buy the shovel after the first two dungeons, and save up for the bow. Since you don't need the bow until the 8th dungeon, it's pretty easy to get 980 rupees for it. But if you don't feel like getting all the rupees for it, just steal the bow, but you can never go back to the shop if you want the perfect ending.

I guess it's kind of difficult to save up for the bow since you eventually need to pay for the frog's song (500 rupees?!?!) as well. I know the game pretty well and know where all the secret rupee chests are, so it's not that difficult for me, but just make sure you aren't killed by the shopkeeper...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Yeah just buy the shovel and steal the bow i guess. Makes the most sense to me because im too lazy to collect 980 rupees after paying to get that third damn song on the ocarina flute whatever.

Though i dont particularly enjoy being called thief...

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Sweet thanks alot! Really good info. The Frog's Song of Soul is only 300 :p I don't find it too difficult though to collect that many rupees - this is the third tims my wallet has 999 hah. But yeah that's to all the chests.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Once you get the Bow, you never have to go back to the shop again. I never, EVER buy that thing since the shopkeeper is so damn greedy (and since you have to pay 500 rupees for a song you only need to use once, wtf????). Plus, you only get the name "THIEF" if you go back into the shop and get killed by the shopkeeper, sooooo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom