• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time There's ONE Mystery Orchestral Track in OoT3D.....

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Apparently, in the most recent Iwata Asks feature, there was mention on one track in OoT that got the orchestral treatment. They didn't say which song it was though. Here's the original english translated text:

Iwata Asks said:
Iwata:
This time, you dedicated yourself to recreating several songs that Kondo-san had made over 10 years ago.

Yokota:
Yeah. But I also put in a song recorded with an orchestra. Only one, though.

Iwata:
As Nintendo's head man in charge of orchestral music, you just couldn't hold yourself back?

Yokota:
Yeah...you got me. (laughs) You'll have to play the game to find out which song it is, though.

[via GoNintendo]

We may be getting mostly the original music from OoT, but this is still a little something new to look forward to in the musical department.

What song do you guys think it might be? What song do you WANT it to be?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I would LOVE for it to be Zelda's Lullaby or Kakariko Village's music.
But, in reality, it's probably one of the really un-popular songs... like the Forest Temple music or something...

i don't know... we can only wait and see, because i guarantee you someone will post a YouTube video of it... i'm sure of it.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I hope that they will orchestrate Zelda's Lullaby. It IS one of the most well-known songs in the series. But, as Zeldahuman said, it probably will be something like the Forest Temple.

I would love for it to be kakariko village as thats the best zelda music in my opinion. It probably wont be something like hyrule field or something else thats already been orchestraled :P

Anubis

The most inactive active
I'm hoping that it will be Gerudo Valley, but unfortunely it will most likely be something random.
Maybe it's a boss theme? :) Or just the credits...

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I think it's gonna be one of three songs. Either Hyrule Field (which I personally wouldn't like to be orchestrated as much as other songs), the Ganondorf battle theme (which would be a lot more awesome, but not quite as awesome), or the Ganon battle theme (by far the most awesome imo, but only my second most wanted song to be orchestrated).

The one I'd LOVE more than anything else to be orchestrated would be none other than... Zelda's Lullaby (other known as "Zelda's Theme", the one that plays during the cutscenes with Zelda not the one you play on the Ocarina). Seriously, I'm a sucker for that song, and it would be great to have it fully orchestrated for the ending and stuff.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
My guess is the field theme. Why? This Trailer. Well we have heard snip-its of music in all the ocarina of time commercials in Japan, but there is one trailer (besides being ridiculously epic <3 ) features over two minutes of continuous musical goodness. I know they said we would have to play the game to find out which song it was, but why would such a polished piece be used only for promotional use? D: On top of how much they talk about the field theme in the Iwata asks interview, I would be surprised if it was something else.

The only other guess would have been the credits music, but at the end of the interview it sounded like it wasn't even finished. P: And it most likely wouldn't be the Forest Temple because he also mentioned the painstaking process of trying to match the very memorable synth noises used in the original version.

If it does end up being the field theme I would be a happy Ocarina of Time fangirl, for sure. ;-; Although I would of loved to see all the songs orchestrated, picking a song we hear throughout the whole game would be the best use of resources IMO.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I dont understand why they just couldnt have updated the music....the compilation in the japanese teaser sounds AMAZING.....ugggh but i really hope it's Hyrule Field :P or what i predict is that we'll unlock the song after we beat the game and complete the master quest

Nickster

Sensei Sampai Sama
I dont understand why they just couldnt have updated the music....the compilation in the japanese teaser sounds AMAZING.....ugggh but i really hope it's Hyrule Field :P or what i predict is that we'll unlock the song after we beat the game and complete the master quest

The reason why the soundtrack stayed the same is because the game can still feel like the classic. The soundtrack has been remastered though.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
My guess is the field theme. Why? This Trailer. Well we have heard snip-its of music in all the ocarina of time commercials in Japan, but there is one trailer (besides being ridiculously epic <3 ) features over two minutes of continuous musical goodness. I know they said we would have to play the game to find out which song it was, but why would such a polished piece be used only for promotional use? D: On top of how much they talk about the field theme in the Iwata asks interview, I would be surprised if it was something else.

The only other guess would have been the credits music, but at the end of the interview it sounded like it wasn't even finished. P: And it most likely wouldn't be the Forest Temple because he also mentioned the painstaking process of trying to match the very memorable synth noises used in the original version.

If it does end up being the field theme I would be a happy Ocarina of Time fangirl, for sure. ;-; Although I would of loved to see all the songs orchestrated, picking a song we hear throughout the whole game would be the best use of resources IMO.

I agree. It's most likely the field theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom