• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There will be NO female Link

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
True but at least he is a realistic role model.
People have become so used to seeing an unhealthy image as the norm that they see no need to change and Mario is impeding that change. Children need someone to aspire to be like rather than someone who perpetuates the unhealthy lifestyle which has infected society.

People have become so used to seeing an unhealthy image as the norm that they see no need to change and Mario is impeding that change. Children need someone to aspire to be like rather than someone who perpetuates the unhealthy lifestyle which has infected society.
There is not many obese game characters these days. They are usually at least semi-fit. Mario is in the minority being a sugar and magic mushroom addicted obese junkie.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is not many obese game characters these days. They are usually at least semi-fit. Mario is in the minority being a sugar and magic mushroom addicted obese junkie.
Still he is aimed at and reaches millions of children. He teaches us that you don't need to work hard and drugs are the answer to the worlds problems. Too big to fit in a pipe? There's a shroom for that. Want to get big and powerful? There's a shroom for that too.

Still he is aimed at and reaches millions of children. He teaches us that you don't need to work hard and drugs are the answer to the worlds problems. Too big to fit in a pipe? There's a shroom for that. Want to get big and powerful? There's a shroom for that too.
You really need to watch this video. it relates totally to what you're saying.

Reactions: Dio
Mario is such a bad role model for children. He's obese and when he eats he seems to either eat cake or drugs.
Wario's a great role model because he's ****ing shredded
Wario_Overalls_SSB4_Render.png

Reactions: Dio

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Why don't they just make Zelda a man? Why do they have to be lesbians? Do you have something against Male gay couples?

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I can't believe that after Sticker Star, and everyone hating Sticker Star, they make Sticker Star 2. :/

Also, don't mention it. This topic gets under my skin easily. I don't mean to be as annoying as I am. Also my post meant to say "so be it" not "so bi" don't know how that happened. Also yeah we cool, I've never had anything against people who disagree with me when it comes to this topic, I just cant stand people who feel the need to insult those who don't want Link changed. Anyways we cool. Add me on the friends list thingy if ya want.
That just goes to show, that Nintendo don't listen to criticism.

Well you probably shouldn't let it get under my skin, after all it just a topic and not a fact. So it's not worth raise your blood pressure over. It's okay, it like you said we cool. Oh don't worry, it happens. That's good to hear! Yeah I agree with you, I hate it when people disrespect other people for having a opinion. That's good. Okay.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles

No, the question is why people want it so badly. Why? What would be the purpose? For equality?

Are people serious. Homosexuals make up less than 10% of the general population. Why are we catering to such a small minority? What's the purpose? Seriously, why? Inclusion? Diversity? We don't need that in games. We don't need it in television, movies, comics, or games. It isn't necessary.

It's only purpose is existing for the sake of existing to appease a tiny minority, or "allies" of said minority.

If it doesn't add to the depth of the story, then why even begin to contemplate considering perhaps adding some sort of homosexual relationship? Adding a lesbian or gay relationship to the Legend of Zelda series would not be progressive, would not move the series forward in any meaningful way, and wouldn't add to the world. It would just be there to appease a small vocal annoying minority.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Some people aren't ok with the idea of homosexuality and have a more fixed view on gender and sexual identity, and that's perfectly ok. Likewise, Nintendo should never ever be forced to add anything akin to this to any game, unless in the form of like a game that revolves around the player creating their own world and characters.

However, the point of adding things like that to games is to help people who may be in that minority to feel more accepted. There's nothing wrong with that, and everyone should be accepted, baring those who physically hurt or abuse others. Of course, no major character or characters or any long standing facet should ever be changed specifically to accommodate these types of inclusions, rather we should strive to expand gaming with more diverse characters and worlds to accompany the existing ones, as opposed to changing gaming.

We need more characters like Vivian from TTYD, not stuff like, "lol Links a girl now and has the hots for Zelda."

I don't want any sort of gay couple in Zelda, regardless of gender.
Can we just heave it at couple please. There is no need for terms like gay and straight. They are a couple regardless of the gender of the two people involved.

We need more characters like Vivian from TTYD, not stuff like, "lol Links a girl now and has the hots for Zelda."
I agree with you 100%. That's very true.
On a side note I think the PM64 followers are way better than the TYD ones. Much more personality and just more well rounded overall.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Can we just heave it at couple please. There is no need for terms like gay and straight. They are a couple regardless of the gender of the two people involved.

I agree with you 100%. That's very true.
On a side note I think the PM64 followers are way better than the TYD ones. Much more personality and just more well rounded overall.
I need to replay the N64 one to compare them, but I've always loved characters like Vivian, Goombeta, Yoshi Kid, and Bombeary (or however you spell it.) Still though, Kooper or whatever and the boo lady from the first game were awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom