• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild There will be NO female Link

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Technically there are two Marios, with regular Mario and Paper Mario. That said I think Color Splash, looks terrible.

As for the Gender neutral thing, he's just referring to Link being bishonen, so long as he's always male, then whatever. I'd prefer that Link be a bit more masculine, but so long as he's confirmed to be male and shown in game to be recognized as male than so bi
Well, yeah. I couldn't agree with you more, it looks like they didn't learn their lesson, which is a shame because we need more rpg's on the Wii U besides
Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.

Yeah it would be nice if he was a little more masculine, but it's still cool. By the way, I wanted to say no hard feelings. Even though we might have different opinions, I still respect you as a person, and I was also hoping that maybe we can become friends too?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Well, it was a question that required the most simple of answers.

This topic is a bit controversial (sensitive?) and such topics should never have one liner responses since the person asking the question can't learn something new and has no idea of why you have your standpoint. It comes off just a tiny bit narrow-minded.

Well, first you're 100% wrong, because Link being male is not irrelevant to the story. There has always been some sort of romantic undertone in the series.

Implying that there is something wrong with same sex romances, which there is no point in debating in here.

And second, males and females are different, psychologically and physiologically, and would react differently with the same situation. The deny this is to proven, verifiable facts.

All humans can react differently to a specific situation. Saying that females will always react differently to males is just false. There is nothing to say that two different people, regardless of gender/ethnicity can't react in the same way to something. The statement you made is in same intellectual category as to say that all asians will always react differently to something compared to africans. And when it comes to the physical (i assume you mean strength) you can make females weaker, stronger, and equal, to males in strength. Especially in a fantasy world.

If you can cite studies that prove that males cannot react the same way as a female can, to random situations, then please do that.

SJWs are social terrorists, period. And in case you didn't read earlier, this isn't about choice. It never has been about choice. It's about appeasing these people.

You are arguing against me, not social terrorists, i have never made such a statement and told you that I believe a decision about femLink should be made for the sake of freedom of choice. If you are going to debate SJW's with other beliefs then don't quote me.

Obviously not everyone plays the game.

And maybe more would not play the game if the main character was changed to appease social terrorists.

Totally fine with you thinking so. Just amazing how if somebody challenges this, they instantly become "loud and hateful".

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Well, yeah. I couldn't agree with you more, it looks like they didn't learn their lesson, which is a shame because we need more rpg's on the Wii U besides
Xenoblade Chronicles X and Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.

Yeah it would be nice if he was a little more masculine, but it's still cool. By the way, I wanted to say no hard feelings. Even though we might have different opinions, I still respect you as a person, and I was also hoping that maybe we can become friends too?
I can't believe that after Sticker Star, and everyone hating Sticker Star, they make Sticker Star 2. :/

Also, don't mention it. This topic gets under my skin easily. I don't mean to be as annoying as I am. Also my post meant to say "so be it" not "so bi" don't know how that happened. Also yeah we cool, I've never had anything against people who disagree with me when it comes to this topic, I just cant stand people who feel the need to insult those who don't want Link changed. Anyways we cool. Add me on the friends list thingy if ya want.

For all the people saying its homophobic for not wanting female Link and Zelda because Link and Zelda are a straight couple, it's not that I'm against homosexuals or bisexuals, I just think it's a little ****ed up to take a clearly straight couple and make them lesbians for fanservice. It'd be like making Undyne a dude even though her and Alphys are a lesbian couple. It's just respect for already existing characters

Since Link was designed to be gender nautral this time round, he has his male and female sides. In a way Link is both Male and Female at the same time.

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
For all the people saying its homophobic for not wanting female Link and Zelda because Link and Zelda are a straight couple, it's not that I'm against homosexuals or bisexuals, I just think it's a little ****ed up to take a clearly straight couple and make them lesbians for fanservice. It'd be like making Undyne a dude even though her and Alphys are a lesbian couple. It's just respect for already existing characters
Ya and if you want nintendo to make a homosexual couple then they shouldnt put it in zelda, a games formula that nintendo dosent want to tke the risk to change and neither do its fans. also link is a character with motives and personality, it would be weird just to change him completely.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Since Link was designed to be gender neutral this time round, he has his male and female sides. In a way Link is both Male and Female at the same time.
Link wasn't designed to be gender neutral, as in both "genders" or "sex" whatever you want to call it, he was designed to be "gender neutral" so that people could appreciate and enjoy the character regardless, he's still a boy though. He's not nonbinary or neutral or any of that.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I really hope Nintendo give Mario a pair of boobs in the next 3D Mario game. Please don't let me down Minted otherwise I will not buy your console!

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom