• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda THEORY: The Legend of Zelda CD-I Games in the TIMELINE?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Although the lands have nothing to do with canon land...I personally think that the games should happen sometime after Adventure of Link. Now my reasoning is weak, but I recall the land of Koridai being in some sort of turmoil. Through another retcon, Ganon could be alive and terrorizing people, and Link would then be summoned to the land to fight off evil (or get captured and Zelda save his butt in return).

Dan

I like to think the CD-I games are the true Zelda universe, and that the non-cdi Zelda games are just mere stories told by the king. This is my theory.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Could it be said that, if this were to fit in the timeline, it could be another 100 years or so after Zelda II? That would allow for Ganon to be revived, if there was a Link somewhere in between. And Link could know Zelda, the King, and Impa, but maybe these are just different people with the same name (as we have, of course, seen throughout all the games). Just an idea.

ihateghirahim said:
Don't even start.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!

I feel insulted. (LOL). I know what a "hypothetical (what-if) scenario" is.

Yeah, I am sure that the majority of us here knows what it means. However, the initial responses to this were a tad off-putting, especially to a new member, which is what prompted my prior response. For the sake of playing devil's advocate, though, I guess the OP probably should not have included THEORY in the topic title if the goal is for us commenters to treat the topic as a hypothetical scenario, as such a word can easily be miscontrued. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes...

well, nintendo already split the timeline in three, so why not a fourth. Instead of hero wins, loses or goes back in time, ganon sumons a giant bomb that destroys nearly the entire world, and the only living creatures left are stuipid people.

RichardBlaziken

Mr. Blaziken
It could be after Zelda 2 with an entirely new Ganon, since someone said these games take place in a completely separate land from Hyrule. I don't know too much about these games (and I use that term loosely), so feel free to prove me wrong here. xD

However, at the time of creation, there was no other art style to go off of: official art of Zelda and Zelda 2 was all there was to use, and the creators of these games would have had no idea that there would be multiple Zeldas/Links through the series, so that could be a point of debate about the same art style. *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom