• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory Questions Regarding the Ending of TP (Sorry if Repost)

Evil Space Fish

Hyrule's village Jester
I noticed something while playing through Twilight Princess the other night. I've been going back to the previous games since Skyward Sword came out trying to piece the games together.

At the end of TP, Link battles Ganondorf in Hyrule Field. He delivers his strike, and stabs Ganon in the chest with the Master Sword. He tells us "The history of light and shadow will be written in blood!" The ToP leaves him, then Zant comes in, supposedly breaks his neck, and then Ganon just goes white-eyed and stands there, doesn't fall.. doesn't seem to be turned to stone, doesn't seem to be sealed. On the other end of the timeline spectrum (for split theorists) in WW, he is obviously destroyed, sword in head and turned to stone and drowned underwater forever. We don't get that same closure in TP.

So is he really gone? I paid attention to the final scenes and credits, saw that after Link and Zelda had triumphed, Link still had the Master Sword in his possession. He put the sword back into its pedestal during the credits in the Sacred Grove, a place of similar design in ALttP's Master Sword placement.

Speculation: If we are to believe that Ganon is indeed dead, then the next incarnation of Ganondorf must be a new one. If we are to believe that Ganon is NOT dead, then I could see the stage being set for ALttP, in which the backstory given could insinuate that he fled Hyrule in search of a group to lead (the thief tribe in Ganondorf's backstory in ALttP). This is only plausible seeing as how we are left in the dark after the TP game concludes. Either way, whether a new incarnation of Ganon or not, both leave the speculation gates opened as to what happened after TP.

So any thoughts and ideas on this? I hold no bias towards one way or the other, the point of this thread is to get feedback on TP's ending and to theorize if we indeed have a new Ganon after this or this Ganon somehow survived and went on to torment us in a later game in the timeline. Honestly, his absence from games like MC leave me to believe more on the side of a new Ganon, but I'm not 100% about that, as I don't think anyone can be, haha!

Let's Discuss!

EDIT: (Using names Ganon/Ganondorf in no correlation to human or beast, just forgot some instances and got lazy :3)

Last edited:

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I noticed this too, however based on the fact that Ganondorf States:
The History of Light and Shadow will be written in blood.
obviously foreshadows a connection between The Twilight Realm and The 'Light/Sacred Realm' again, why else would Ganondorf say this if he didn't obviously know there may be a twist of fate, unless this was a folly by Ganondorf as a final taunt? Ignoring Skyward Sword and Demise, perhaps Ganondorf new that the destiny of the Twlight Realm and Hyrule have yet to be sealed..

So basically yes maybe there will be a new Ganon or perhaps a new antagonist. Who knows :] But definitely sounds like a sequel to me.

Ganondorf being dead isn't necessarily going to stop him. It three games, the big bad is trying to revive Ganondorf. Who's to say that they never succeeded?

I noticed this too, however based on the fact that Ganondorf States: obviously foreshadows a connection between The Twilight Realm and The 'Light/Sacred Realm' again, why else would Ganondorf say this if he didn't obviously know there may be a twist of fate, unless this was a folly by Ganondorf as a final taunt? Ignoring Skyward Sword and Demise, perhaps Ganondorf new that the destiny of the Twlight Realm and Hyrule have yet to be sealed..

So basically yes maybe there will be a new Ganon or perhaps a new antagonist. Who knows :] But definitely sounds like a sequel to me.

It doesn't foreshadow anything, the whole theme of Twilight Princess was light and dark. It was the ramblings of a pissed off and dying man. If everything you worked for and almost succeeded in was destroyed by a teenager wouldn't you mutter some curse words too?

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
It doesn't foreshadow anything, the whole theme of Twilight Princess was light and dark. It was the ramblings of a pissed off and dying man. If everything you worked for and almost succeeded in was destroyed by a teenager wouldn't you mutter some curse words too?

I see it as a language technique used to foreshadow (and also a subtle cliff-hanger) to perhaps reference a future game concerning the events of TP following Ganondorf's Demise in the child timeline, it is how you see it (opinion).

Of course you would mutter a taunt but given the circumstances Ganondorf had been placed in; sealed away, did obtain the Triforce of Power. He may or may not put some fail safes in place just in case he did somehow manage to fail in merging light and shadow (i.e Zant) however Zant failed and Ganondorf failed to revive him due to being slayed by link.

It is just how I see it that is all.

Last edited:
V

Vaati Reborn

Look, Ganon did die! Look at the facts: he takes a master sword to chest and/or heart. He looses the triforce of power, meaning he's no longer emortal! Evil + Master sword -ToP= death

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom