• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory per Dungeon

When I say inspired, I mean that the Wind Fish (who is probably related to Levias somehow) was around at the time of the Loftwings and it inspired part of his dream world of Koholint, as well as an inspiration for his nightmares.
This is a growing suspicion of mine, in that everything in the dream is in universe inspired by something in the waking world. I think the Wind Fish was dreaming about places, and events, that it actually experienced. Not just the dungeons, but the villages and the island (as the shape) as well.

There is a lot here, and I will need to read through it, more in depth, when I have more time.

Oracle of Seasons:

Gnarled Root Dungeon: The Gnarled Root Dungeon, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Fertile Soil. Gnarled Root Dungeon is The Eagle. Fertile Soil and Sacred Soil come from the same source. The Old Man in the Gnarled Root Dungeon is the same as in the Eagle. Aquamentus is Aquamentus.

Snake's Remains: The Snake’s Remains, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Gift of Time. Snake’s Remains is The Moon. Dodongo is Dodongo. Facade is the inspiration for Facade in the Wind Fish’s dream. Snake’s Remains were carved to honor Moldorm. Snake’s Remains is housed within a cave that was the literal remains of a Moldorm. The Gift of Time was made with a Timeshift stone, and is shaped like the Phantom Hourglass. The Gift of Time is the Phantom Hourglass. Snake’s Remains is the Hebra Great Skeleton.

Poison Moth Lair: The Poison Moth’s Lair, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Bright Sun. Mothula is a different Mothula from ALTTP. The Poison Moth’s Lair was carved to honor Mothula. Mothula is the same Mothula as from ALTTP, just the Light World version. The Bright Sun is enchanted with magic used to worship the sun at the Stone Tower Temple. The treadmills are Sheikah-made.

Dancing Dragon Dungeon: The Dancing Dragon Dungeon, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Soothing Rain. Gohma is Gohma. Agunima was a part of the Mages from FSA and practiced magic alongside Agahnim. Agunima, instead of being chosen as Ganon’s possession henchman, was given mini-boss status. Agunima is Carock. Dancing Dragon Dungeon is hidden behind the Hebra Plunge. Dancing Dragon Dungeon is the source of the water that flooded the Sunken City, a large contributor towards lighting the Flame of Destruction. The Soothing Rain is now found in Lanayru, and is enchanted with the same spell that allows Thundra Plateau to be endlessly raining. The Dancing Dragon Dungeon was built to honor Gleeok.

Unicorn's Cave: Unicorn’s Cave, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Nurturing Warmth. Digdogger is Digdogger. Unicorn’s Cave was built to honor Aquamentus. Unicorn’s Cave’s shape was the inspiration for the Master Cycle Zero. The Magnetic Gloves use the same technology as Magnesis. The Magnetic Gloves use the same technology as the Ancient Robots from Skyward Sword. The Tiger Scrolls found in The Minish Cap were written after practice against Syger. Nurturing Warmth uses Gerudo heating magic, or whatever power is in Ruby.

Ancient Ruins: The Ancient Ruins, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Blowing Wind. Manhandla is Manhandla. Vire is the same Vire as from Oracle of Ages. The Ancient Ruins, mounted at the top of Tarm Ruins, is a tower built by the Wind Tribe. The Blowing Wind uses Wind magic. The Ancient Ruins were built to house the Blowing Wind, the original source of the wind magic used to make the Palace of Winds and the Wind Tribe House float on the clouds. The Ancient Ruins were built shortly following the events of Skyward Sword as a waypoint to navigate through the Lost Woods. The Lost Woods just below Tarm Ruins connects to the Lost Woods from ALTTP.

Explorer's Crypt: The Explorer’s Crypt, located in Holodrum, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Seed of Life. Gleeok is Gleeok. The Poe Sisters, Amy and Margaret/Meg, are the same as from the Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time. The Explorer’s Crypt is the inspiration for Nakura’s burial in the Wind Fish’s dream. The Explorer’s Crypt was built to honor all of the dead from the Great Flood. The Seed of Life is a type of Korok seed that led to the creation of new lands above the sea. The Explorer’s Crypt is where the magic that keeps the Piratians alive after death originated from.

Sword and Shield Maze: The Sword and Shield Maze, located in Subrosia, houses the Essence of Nature known as the Changing Seasons. The Changing Seasons is a consolidation of the magic of the Season Spirits found within the Temple of Seasons. The Temple of Seasons, found previously on the surface of Holodrum, was initially the only access point to Subrosia and the Sword and Shield Maze until Onox sank the temple and opened up many other portals to Subrosia. The Sword and Shield Maze was built by the Subrosians to encapsulate the elements of fire and ice, as well as store the Changing Seasons. The Sword and Shield Maze served as an extension of the Temple of Seasons before the Temple of Seasons crushed the East Plaza as it descended into Subrosia. Frypolar is the inspiration for Hot Head in the Wind Fish’s dream. The Medusa Head is a sculpted head given new life by General Onox. It is really of Veran’s design as she topped the Black Tower with statues of the Medusa’s Head. The turn-to-stone magic is the same power that gives Goron’s life.

Onox's Castle: Onox’s Castle is where Onox kept Din while he ransacked the Temple of Seasons. This was so she couldn’t prevent his alterations of the seasons. Onox built his castle on the peak next to the Temple of Season, making it easier to sink the temple and access Subrosia. The barrier that Onox places at the entrance to his castle can be broken with the power of the Essences of Nature as well as the power of the Huge Maku Seed.

COMBINED ORACLE GAMES:

Room of Rites: The Room of Rites is the location of the Flame of Sorrow, Flame of Destruction and Flame of Despair. It is found in Lorule, and is the location that Twinrova took ALTTP Ganon’s corpse. It is also the place where Ganon’s body is resealed, where Yuga takes it over again in ALBW. Each of the flames corresponds with a different kingdom (Hyrule, Holodrum, Labrynna), the lands that the three Tri Force Heroes come from.

I think would be worth looking into Clock Town as a temple for the Goddess of Time. Great compile you have here. ;)

I spent about 2 days on and off working on the first half. I just need to find some time to get up to around Spirit Tracks before I start updating again. Right now I'm at Minish Cap, so hopefully more to come soon.

Also, Clock Town isn't a dungeon, so I'm not going to cover it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom