• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory on Why We Don't Ever See a Partner Twice

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Why don't we ever see a partner twice? I was thinking about this and this theory popped into my head. We all know how at the end of SS, Fi gets sealed in the master sword. Bt it's her parting words that intrigue me. She says
"Thank you master Link, may we meet again in another life." What if Fi reincarnates into all your other partners?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I don't really think so. When she said that, I think she only meant that she'll "meet you again in another life" as Link's sword. (so, Link's other life, not hers, since she's inanimate). Also, the only partner I could possibly see her being is Navi- the others have vastly different personalities.

The Fi reincarnation theory doesn't work in my eyes, and Nintendo just didt want a downer ending for Fi, so they tacked on the being happy and seeing Link again thing...

We don't see the companions twice because nintendo would rather give us something different most of the time even though Navi and Tatl worked very similarly, we have to remember that MM was a side-story of OoT that was meant to be an add on it couldnt have been too different other than what it was.

I wouldnt really want to see any of the companions again, i'd like to see Midna again but not as a companion and only in her true form, because sexy.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It's just different Links in different places and at different times.

I mean, Midna never comes back because she's in the Twilight Realm. King of Red Lions doesn't exist anymore. Tatl was from an alternate dimension. Ceila was from a dream-thing. Ezlo turned back into a Minish. Zelda gets her body back (I presume, not finished Spirit Tracks yet). And of course Fi goes into the Master Sword. Even Navi has a reason to not come back; the fact that every other game takes place elsewhere on the timeline so she is either not born or has since died.

This is what she means by may I see you again. She is in the master sword, and we all know that Fi is the most intelligent of all Link's partners, she knew her fate she knows where she will be she was created by the goddess so she definitely knows her fate. She knows that Link will return again in another body and she knew that she will be locked inside the :mastersword: forever. So she will meet him again she means the "hero's spirit" not SS Link.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
She knows that Link will return again in another body and she knew that she will be locked inside the :mastersword: forever. So she will meet him again she means the "hero's spirit" not SS Link.
I think he's not reincarnated though...he won't return in another body. Each Link is a different individual, they just all have the triforce of courage and hero's spirit.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
She knows that Link will return again in another body and she knew that she will be locked inside the :mastersword: forever. So she will meet him again she means the "hero's spirit" not SS Link.

I think he's not reincarnated though...he won't return in another body. Each Link is a different individual, they just all have the triforce of courage and hero's spirit.

bspurka addressed this in his post

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom