• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Theory on the Moving Keaton Grass.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
for the people who dont know, i will explain.
there are the moving grasses around termina, each one containing a keaton if you wear the keaton mask.but what some people did not notice was that there is actually 4moving grasses.at the begining, when you start in the forest,there is the 4th.(or 1st, watever you want to call it.) but some people say it does not have a keaton, but we may never know because in the begining we dont have any masks.
so why did nintendo put it there?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
To see the Keaton, go to the north clock town, put on the Keaton mask, slash the moving grass in one move, and the Keaton will appear. I've seen it twice.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
So this area's between the rabbit hole and the twisted corridor, right? My explanation has something to do with being between dimensions, and weird things happen. Sorta like Cel-Shaded Deku's #2. It adds to the atmosphere of strangeness and dreams.

David

But you called me here...
That part in Majora's Mask, in my opinion, is to demonstrate some of the weird concepts and themes in the game. You're pretty much between dimensions at that point in the game. Link doesn't know where he is, and neither does the brand new player. The lack of knowledge just adds to the weird feeling of the place. And the moving grass really does shoot up the extremity of the place. So, I imagine that it was mostly just to allow the player to feel a strange sense of being and location. It doesn't really have any significance of being "Keaton grass," just moving grass.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I have somewhat different opinion. The forest stage is real and a part of the original Lost Woods. The reason why there is no Keaton popping out of the grass, is because that the Keaton only exists in the strange and odd world of Termina. AFAIK, MM is the only game where the Keaton is represented. So, when Link is travelling through the Lost Woods, everything is real. However, as soon as he runs through the twisted corridor, he leaves the real world behind him as he enters the odd world of Termina. This would perfectly explain why the Keaton only exists inside Termina, and not outside in the Lost Woods.

It was never confirmed. Those trees at the beginning look too sinister, I mean that forest could be any forest.

Hyrule isn't the real world, it's part of the real world. Termina isn't an odd world, it's part of the real world. Two dimensions. On one hand Hyrule, the other Termina. Both are very real. Termina isn't fantasy, it's a real place in a fictional video game.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I put the wrong post. I guess Nintendo decided to put the moving grass bcuz of whats happening. It's like everything in the control of Majora. I guess that's why they put it. Or I guess they put it for the heck it. OR for the Keaton mask to actually work in this game than from OoT. Those r my guesses for the moving grass

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom