• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Theory of Bongo Bongo

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I've actually been thinking because I'm such a nerd..

Bongo Bongo was an actual man that lived in Kakariko Village and his house was where the Well is now. He was incarcerated for making such a powerful item as the lens-of-truth, and for his punishment, his arms were cut off. I also theorized that he was executed by guillotine, hence the guillotines in the Shadow Temple. Also, a man in the skulltulla hints that there was a man that lived where the Well now, that could see the truth with a great red eye. Now, most likely he was deformed and obviously insane for creating the lens-of-truth. It is also likely that he was believed to be a murderer, hence the re-deads in the well and the Shadow Temple. Another theory is that the man was part of the Sheikah tribe but used his power for personal gain, thus creating the lens-of-truth and using his power to kill, THUS him becoming executed and therefor having his limbs ripped off and being locked in the shadow temple forever. And using a powerful Sheikah like Impa to protect the Shadow Temple from such a horrible beast didn't go so well.

[Can someone move this to the Theory Section, por favor?!

Last edited:
C

caleb89sw

Hmm... Hard to know for sure, but they're both excellent theories!

Dan

Wow I never knew how deep this game could be I never really thought about bongo bongo. A lot of what you say does make sense. Thanks for the interesting topic.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I think in some places in The Shadow Temple the game interrupts you and save something along the lines of "the dark history of the hyrulean royal family...shadow temple" (citation needed)

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
It could be that the man that is now known as Bongo-Bongo used the bongos for meditative exercises and/or for religious purposes to speak to the god to guide him in the direction of creating the lens of truth. It is also possible that he made the mask of truth to hide himself from the world.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
An interesting take on a backstory. We must wonder what other thoughts are to be pondered.
:eek:carina: The Seventh Hierarch :eek:carina:

Is there any evidence showing that the man was a drummer, That would make perfect sense
Are you serious? Just play the game. You can't miss the evidence that bongo bongo has something to do with drums.
Sorry but this one is plainly obvious.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It is an interesting theory you have there. Perhaps some of this will be answered in Skyward sword. Especially about the sheikah stuff. I would not count on it though, however I see it as a possibility just like Volvagia appearing or being referenced.

R

rainbowbrewster

Maybe Bongo Bongo had close ties to the royal family like Impa does in OOT. It would easily tie into the idea of him using Sheikah powers and practices for personal gain, also, could he use other people's lives to fuel that power? It seems very possible that he could have. Especially if he may be responsible for the Skulltulla curse. As for his prosecutions and being sealed in the well/shadow temple, that makes tons of sense, I love it! :]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in some places in The Shadow Temple the game interrupts you and save something along the lines of "the dark history of the hyrulean royal family...shadow temple" (citation needed)
"Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred" I always thought that was so creepy o.o

What you said it pretty much happened, with the quotes of " Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred"
and the skullita man talked about like you said too, weather he was a sheikah or not is unknown, but everyone who supposedly lives in kakariko is of relatives to the royal family or protecters of the royal family, so either way he is definitely close to the family. As to what happened to him i believe him to be part of a "dark tribe" (theoretically) mentioned in other zelda games ( twilight princess, majoras mask) that fiddled around with great evils, and maybe the lens of truth were originally used for evil purposes or for him to see things, and idk about hands being cut off as a punishment but i also noticed the guillotines and grim reaper sword swinging things so having no head or large eye makes sense to fit together with being deformed and hands amputated. The fact that theres blood everywhere in the well and temple does sugest he killed with possibly dark magic. I think him being punished and banished to what is now the shadow temple created him the being what he is now. The only thing i could come up with to realte his drums to anything is that in the past, playing the drums by hand (specifically bongos, hince his name) were usually a symbol of a religous ceremony so this could relate to what he worshiped in a dark tribe or showing praise to a dark power like that of ganons, but of course this is all just theories.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom