• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory: Breath of the Wild is a DREAM just like Link's Awakening!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I mean, the game says it's the Wind Fish's dream. The Wind Fish itself seems to warp reality around it. The fanfiction writer in me would suggest that it effectively created a pocket dimension around itself. Unfortunately, the implication then becomes that waking up the Wind Fish effectively murdered everyone on Koholint Island.
I mean, it can be looked at that way, but since it is a dream the people weren't real anyway - it isn't murder in that case. It'd be like saying we're all monsters because we wake up from our dreams, and doing so destroys dream realities. We aren't meant to sleep and dream forever, though.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I mean, it can be looked at that way, but since it is a dream the people weren't real anyway - it isn't murder in that case. It'd be like saying we're all monsters because we wake up from our dreams, and doing so destroys dream realities. We aren't meant to sleep and dream forever, though.

Aren't they? Everyone in the dream seems self-aware and personified. Don't some monsters actually make a point later that they're trying to stop you from waking up the Wind Fish because they'll cease to exist if you do?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Aren't they? Everyone in the dream seems self-aware and personified. Don't some monsters actually make a point later that they're trying to stop you from waking up the Wind Fish because they'll cease to exist if you do?
You are right about the monsters, they know they are in a dream, but they are monsters, and even if they weren't in a dream Link would kill them in reality if he had to - this is not much different besides that these monsters aren't real.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You are right about the monsters, they know they are in a dream, but they are monsters, and even if they weren't in a dream Link would kill them in reality if he had to - this is not much different besides that these monsters aren't real.

It does change the dynamic a bit. They're just trying to to stop their world from dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom