• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theory About Oocca and the Creation of the Hylians

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
City in the Sky is Skyloft?????

Wasn't if this Thread belongs in this category or Zelda Theory if it belongs in Zelda Theory then would a Moderator please move it.

I just thought of this a little while ago any possibility that the City in the Sky could be future ruins of Skyloft or a part of Skyloft.

Last edited:

Djinn

and Tonic
Unfortunately we have not seen enough of Skyloft to be capable of making any real call or connection. It does make sense though as Skyloft is an inhabited area floating in the sky over Hyrule and the City in the Sky is an ancient structure floating in the sky over Hyrule. Obviously people are going to want to connect the two. Either as the same place or at least built by the same people. I am waiting until I see a few more screencaps before I want to make any judgment.

Personally I hope we see some form of the Wind Tribe of Minish Cap again. They also moved to the sky over Hyrule and were known to the Royal Family. As the people living in the City in the Sky were mentioned to have known the Royal family in TP.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
I'm going to have to go with Djinn on this one. It seems very probable but we just don't have enough information. The city in the Sky is only inhabited by Oocoo's, while in Skyward Sword they say that Link is a resident of Skyloft.

Too early to tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if Skyloft and the City in the Sky are one and the same.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yes. (<--I'm expanding on that in my [hopefully] soon-to-be-released article.)

Of course, as has been said, nothing's provable yet. I'm just going off high hopes, a fair amount of evidence, and the assumption that the writers of SS are good storytellers.

David

But you called me here...
Well, it really could be. But it also couldn't be. Like others have said, there isn't nearly enough evidence to prove either argument. It is very easy to draw the connections between the two, but you shouldn't place your hopes and dreams on the City in the Sky being Skyloft. We know that Skyloft is a chain of islands that are presumed to be floating in the sky by the power of the goddesses. Maybe if their technology was good enough, they could have easily built the City in the Sky as a means to expand their land and territory. Well, that's how I would see it happening.

D

da dude101

i dont think so but the city in the sky might pop up again

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
Does the Royal Family have some zoning laws for all the floating cities in the sky of Hyrule?

Anyway, the city in the Sky doesn't seem like it would have the capacity for a large community that is presumed (by me at least) to exist on Skyloft. Though considering how rundown the City in the Sky is by the time of Twilight Princess there may have been more sections of the city at its creation. It is also possible that Skyloft and the Ooccooa city were neighbors/sister cities.

It is very possible that the City I'm the Sky and Skyloft are the same place, or that Skyloft is the city in the Sky but in a state which isn't in what appears to be ruin. In theory, it should smaller to, as we are going back at least a few hundred years. That's on theory though.

However, there is a strong lack of evidence to be able to correctly state that Skyloft is actually an early City in the Sky. All we really have to make even a slight correlation is that we know Skyloft is a place that is based in the sky (or at least I think we do), and that the City in the Sky also happens to be a place situated in the sky. So I'm going to agree with what a few people have already said.

Part of me hopes that they don't do that though, as it would seem as Nintendo are being lazy, but then part off thinks it would be pretty cool if they did do that, as we'd be able to see how the entire of Hyrule has developed since the point in time that Skywrd Sword is based (assuming that the City in the Sky is Skyloft, that it's the same Hyrule as we are in in Twilight Princess). and we'd also be able to see how the City in the Sky used to look.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
It is very possible that the City I'm the Sky and Skyloft are the same place, or that Skyloft is the city in the Sky but in a state which isn't in what appears to be ruin. In theory, it should smaller to, as we are going back at least a few hundred years. That's on theory though.

However, there is a strong lack of evidence to be able to correctly state that Skyloft is actually an early City in the Sky. All we really have to make even a slight correlation is that we know Skyloft is a place that is based in the sky (or at least I think we do), and that the City in the Sky also happens to be a place situated in the sky. So I'm going to agree with what a few people have already said.

Part of me hopes that they don't do that though, as it would seem as Nintendo are being lazy, but then part off thinks it would be pretty cool if they did do that, as we'd be able to see how the entire of Hyrule has developed since the point in time that Skywrd Sword is based (assuming that the City in the Sky is Skyloft, that it's the same Hyrule as we are in in Twilight Princess). and we'd also be able to see how the City in the Sky used to look.
People have stated that SwS is 1st in the timeline also I'm saying that City in the Sky could possibly be ruins of Skyloft Since as Shad in TP says that the Ooccoo created the Hylians so I think the Ooccoo and the Hylians lived together for a time and the place they lived is Skyloft in SwS.

When I first saw City in the Sky I was immediately reminded of MC, but then the chicken things (sorry don't know how to spell name) came in and ruined that nostalgia. Really though, why make the place only inhabited by strange versions of cuccos (sorry that just pissed me off)! Seriously though there will be people in Skyloft and I don't see how they could connect that to the chickens in TP. A more realistic connection would exist with MC and then maybe we will see the return of Roc's Cape!

T

trainofthought

I'm replaying TP again and I got a theory about Skyward Sword and the Oocca. The Occa is a race that is said to be even closer to the gods than the hylians, right? They live up in the sky (the City in the sky might be the remains of a great kingdom - Skyloft). It's even speculated on that the Oocca created the hylians. Am I crazy to think that Link in SS might be the first hylian ever existed? Maybe he was created by them to fight off the evil monsters lurking below the clouds. Tell me your thoughts on this theory!

Epona

Ordon Village
I think that's an interesting theory. Every time I play TP and I get to the City in the Sky and whenever I see Oocca, it just makes me think "I wonder what happened before all this" in relation to Skyward Sword. I can't wait for the new game to come out so the history can be unlocked and we can find out how it all started! :)

Djinn

and Tonic
Personally I have been hoping to see the wind tribe of MC again. They also lived in the sky but it was on clouds that only pure hearted individuals could walk on. I thought they were a very interesting group and wanted to see some more of them.

When it comes to the Oocca, I think the mystery of the City in the Sky was always so much more interesting than they. The Oocca were just a little too strange. Completely strange, both in appearance and what they were doing in a place that they could not possibly have built.

It's even speculated on that the Oocca created the hylians. Am I crazy to think that Link in SS might be the first hylian ever existed? Maybe he was created by them to fight off the evil monsters lurking below the clouds. Tell me your thoughts on this theory!

However the Oocca creating the Huylians thing is actually a mistranslation. What Shad said is that they created Hyrule.

The common opinion is that Hyrule was created by the Hylia people, the race closest to the gods, but...truth be told, there's also a theory saying that in ancient times, there was a race even closer to the gods than the Hylia people, and THEY created it." — Shad

Now just what this entails is still a mystery. It could be that the Oocca created the landscape that the Hylians later developed into their country. Or it could have been the Oocca that built the ancient structures like the various temples and dungeons that are spread out all over the land. Maybe even Hyrule castle is an ancient structure of theirs. What we do know is that they are related to the Dominion Rod, and by extension most likely the owl statues found all over Hyrule.

"Among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the Oocca still maintained contact with the royal family. Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod... The rod was only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens when the royal family needed to communicate with the Oocca."

This might also include a connection to the Temple of Time as the Dominion Rod was used heavily there as well. So it might be possible that the Oocca might have created or took a part in creating the Temple of time that houses the Door of time and the Master Sword.

Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm..." — Rauru

Could it be that the Oocca being closer to the gods than the Hylians knew more about this than the Hylians at the time?

I'm sorry to disagree, but I truly think it isn't either of these. An interview already stated it was pieces of Hyrule broken off, and Link has to reattach them. So at the end of the game there will be no Skyloft left. It will be a part of Hyrule again.

I haven't got an arsenal of quotes, but I just wanna say that I think that whoever else (other than Link) lives in Skyloft are heavily related to the Oocca and the Wind Tribe. Since we are basically agreed that SS is the first in the timeline, I would put it thusly:

1. Pieces of Hyrule break off and form Skyloft. SS happens.
2. Those pieces are restored, or not. Maybe only some of them are restored. Maybe they all are restored to terra firma, but the people who lived there liked being in the sky.
3. Either some people stayed in the sky, or some people return to the sky after some time passes. These would be the Wind Tribe from MC.
4. If you've played MC, you'll know that the people of the Wind Tribe still looked basically just like the rest of the Hylians, but they did have some differences. You could tell just from looking that a person was from the WT. In other words, they were becoming different from the other Hylians.
5. Centuries or millenia have passed, and the Wind Tribe has (somehow, lol) "evolved" into the Oocca. They still have human-like faces, but have developed wings (maybe they used Roc's Capes for a while and eventually just were born with one?). They now live in the ruins of Skyloft. Alternately, if all the broken off pieces were restored at the end of SS, they also developed the technology to build their own island in the sky (possibly more likely, considering how the Wind Tribe lived and built in MC).

This ignores what Shad said about the Oocca creating Hyrule. His statement could be explained by pointing out just how many centuries or millenia we are talking about here. Facts get distorted and/or lost in that time. I would personally say that Shad would have been more accurate to say that "the Oocca are descended from people who were around when Hyrule was first formed."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom