• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Theories that Aren't True but You Like

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Some theories are great theories, but are just simply confirmed FALSE.

Are there any theories you like to cling to that simply aren't true?

I have a personal theory that I posted to ZD a while ago and i was quite proud of it and I remember other people liking it and i dont think it was completely shot down as being something impossible for Zelda lore, so here it is.

What if Lake Hylia is the crater left in Hyrule where Skyloft used to be after it was lifted into the air?

That could be why its called Lake Hylia, sure the lake changes shape depending on the game but the lake has never been too big, with maybe TP being the outlier.

I liked this theory, its the only one i've come up with. It isnt true for Zelda (probably) but its fun.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I have a personal theory that I posted to ZD a while ago and i was quite proud of it and I remember other people liking it and i dont think it was completely shot down as being something impossible for Zelda lore, so here it is.

What if Lake Hylia is the crater left in Hyrule where Skyloft used to be after it was lifted into the air?

That could be why its called Lake Hylia, sure the lake changes shape depending on the game but the lake has never been too big, with maybe TP being the outlier.

I liked this theory, its the only one i've come up with. It isnt true for Zelda (probably) but its fun.

I was gonna shoot this down here and be mean but i'll honest that fits SO DAMN WELL. Granted i think Lake hylia is more Floria. But whose to say that? I like this because Sealed grounds always felt like lake hylia and the Water Temple is more Ornate than any other temple. That and the fact Lake Hylia is conicular towards the temple which matches sealed grounds. Water erosion from gerudo valley would account smoothing of the edges.

Some theories are great theories, but are just simply confirmed FALSE.

Are there any theories you like to cling to that simply aren't true?

I liked the theory that the Hero's Shade may not be Link but someone else. I was really sad to find out that the Hero's Shade actually is my favorite Link in the franchise. He didn't deserve to have all these regrets. Wished he would've stayed a teenager so he didn't have to go through all that crap in MM and would've had a better life being recognized as the Hero of Time.

I liked the theory that the Hero's Shade may not be Link but someone else. I was really sad to find out that the Hero's Shade actually is my favorite Link in the franchise. He didn't deserve to have all these regrets. Wished he would've stayed a teenager so he didn't have to go through all that crap in MM and would've had a better life being recognized as the Hero of Time.

Yeah actually now that you mention it that is kind of depressing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom