• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Them" in Majora's Mask

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
I was half asleep and running to kill these creatures. The way they moved and BG music freaked me out. but in the morning its funny. Weird.

Heh, yeah, this was definitely one of the best side quests that Majora's Mask had to offer. I'm not one that freaks out every time something comes along that "Isn't Zelda", so I didn't mind that fact that Link was fighting aliens for the first time ever. It was pretty nerve wreaking to tell the truth. Having to guard all sides of the barn all at once was pretty though, and I didn't know you could use the Song of Time to slow them down the first time I did it. Sometimes, I'd just lose on purpose, so I could see the rather humorous cut scene that takes place after you do.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Heh, yeah, this was definitely one of the best side quests that Majora's Mask had to offer. I'm not one that freaks out every time something comes along that "Isn't Zelda", so I didn't mind that fact that Link was fighting aliens for the first time ever. It was pretty nerve wreaking to tell the truth. Having to guard all sides of the barn all at once was pretty though, and I didn't know you could use the Song of Time to slow them down the first time I did it. Sometimes, I'd just lose on purpose, so I could see the rather humorous cut scene that takes place after you do.
Same here,I didn't know that till I beat it. Being half asleep is like being drunk but on a game.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Why does it freak everyone out? It never scared me.

Well the reason why it probably freaks people out like it does is more than likely because of the combination of certain elements.

One element is the creapy music that plays when "they" appear. Another one is that you have to fight them off in the dead of night. And the last one is that you have to keep them away from the barn (and Romani) which leads to you desperately trying to prevent them from reaching their destination.

In my opinion this leads to the "freaking out" that people experience. And I, of course, happen to be one of those people that has experienced it and I still do everytime I fight them. *shudders*

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
Okay, when ever I was fighting "Them" I was nervous because I was always scared that they would reach the farmhouse, specially because they sneak in from the back and yah, I never got on Epona, I just waited by the target it self, which was the cow house, the music wasn't that creepy but I do admit, it does set in the 'creepy' type of mood. Heehee.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I just played the "Them" sidequest a few days ago. I should admit, they weren't that creepy. However, the whole suspence and gripping thrill of beating them to the barn kinda gives it that adrenaline. I also must admit, I kinda liked the creepy yet cool techno music. It actually sounded like from one scene in Disney's Chicken Little.

Zelda really doesn't scare me, but the mood the game sets can set some adrenaline going. The Inverted Song of Time really helped me out, since they move an inch per 15-minute game time. However, that wasn't my first go. My first attempt didn't involve the Inverted Song of Time, and I ultimatly failed at 4 AM.

So, I see a few cows, one of Them, and Romani get kidnapped. So, I played the Song of Time, went back, and re-did it. However, it was that incidient that made me more alert. No, I haven't played it at midnight, and since I have already done this, it wouldn't scare me at midnight (I can hardly stay up past 11 in the first place).

M

megacat333

The Aliens of MM

i just joined the zelda dungeon forum :)
has anyone ever noticed that the aliens from MM look eaxacly like the flat woods monster!wen i found out i researched and i was so scared i almost wet myself well not really but it is pretty scary see for yourself!

<this is the flat woods monster <this is the alien from MM
my pics are pretty bad but you can saerch for yourself

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I really don't think they look that alike. The 'Them' I think is just designed to look kind of like a poe and kind of like an alien to leave people guessing at what it actually is.

Also, what is the flat woods monster? Is it a real thing?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

Actually with aliens there's real history that points to mideval aliens so yeah it may actually be 'zelda midevalness' after all. I mean who's to say the aliens didn't use magic to get to termina?

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I like to do that side quest all the time. I like to be pressured. I do it with the normal time, while my brother uses the inverted Song of Time(coward:dry:).

I always get scared when I'm not able to complete the side quest.

How little Romani gets her brain washed...Brrr... *shivers*

I like how the doggy will help you by barking when the aliens get closer.
It's a cute dog.:)

I use the Inverted Song of Time. Does this make me a coward, too? :(

The thing about the Inverted Song of Time is that it makes it 10X easier to defend the farm, as opposed to running around desperately, not knowing if you're fast enough. I do it. It's my strategy.

It always did kinda "creep me out," though. Especially before I knew about the Inverted Song of Time trick. The music was eerie, the night did indeed add that scary element, and the rushing around, hoping you weren't too late. There was also the sheer numbers to take into account, and the fact that they didn't go away and kept coming back until morning. I was panicky and nervous my first time doing this quest. But it's fun, and the Romani Mask is indeed worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom