• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Them" Aliens or Monsters?

Are "they" aliens or monsters?

• Aliens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monsters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh, I understand that just fine. But its like everything else you battle is some sort of monster ( or the Gorman Bros. when you are defending the Romani Milk) Although yes, they are, probably, Aliens. Like said, tehy have all the typical traits of aliens- and who says aliens couldn't have been seen in that time period, in that place? Well, yes probably aliens.Or maybe they are alien monsters. or Monster Aliens.

they are alien in fact they look like the Flatwoods Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster

screenshot3vu0.jpg

also its in alot of other games too.

onewafighter1

Turaga
I think that they are monsters, but designed to be a spoof (sort of) of aliens. So they're alien wanna-be's. But they look to me like Poes that eat cows.

Oh, I understand that just fine. But its like everything else you battle is some sort of monster ( or the Gorman Bros. when you are defending the Romani Milk) Although yes, they are, probably, Aliens. Like said, tehy have all the typical traits of aliens- and who says aliens couldn't have been seen in that time period, in that place? Well, yes probably aliens.Or maybe they are alien monsters. or Monster Aliens.
Ah, okay, I think I understand you then.

They're probably not alien monsters. There's probably a reason for them coming to Earth/Termina to abduct cows. Monsters don't have enough intelligence to have a reason. :P

they are alien in fact they look like the Flatwoods Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster

Been mention him throughout the thread, actually...

Although it's nice you found a picture. I couldn't find one. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OcarinaKid

Aliens...no doubt!!!!!

Thinking logically about this:

1. Most the "monsters" in the game resemble some real life animal. For example skulltulas are spiders as also the Tektites. Octos are obviously octopus', bombchus are some rat thing lol Keeses are bats, the Babas are just plants. So when is the last time you saw one of "Them" on our planet (besides all those people who have been abducted).

2. Like most have pointed out, these things hover and continue to reappear. Has there ever been a "monster" in the Zelda series that has done this? (Without leaving an area and coming back to it).

Clearly my vote is that they are Aliens...I personally love to yell at said Aliens when I play this minigame.

zants follower

underling of the dark god
LOL. Exactly. But I did look at the wikipedia page and I do think it's the 3 meter monster. Or flatwoods. Samething

I don't see any real reason to conclude that they are 'monsters' of any sort. The game seems to iterate quite a bit about 'Them' coming in a 'point of light' (or whatever the game called it, regardless, it's obviously alluding to something in the likeness of a UFO).

Besides, given how they glow and appear, and their seemingly ethereal qualities, I'd say they are indeed aliens.

zants follower

well it does say in the wiki page that they come in points of light, and i do agree that they are aliens

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Aliens. Game designers wanted Termina to seem like such a different world from Hyrule, yet still hauntingly similar, and "Them" being monsters just strikes me as more of an ancient idea (more like OoT) while aliens feels more modern (more like MM) . Aliens just fit the theme of MM better.

zants follower

Well, there weren't only aliens in our time. It's not like they spontainioaly appeared in the year 1994 or something. If aliens exist, they could very well have had the technology for deep space travel far before the first alien stories. Also, remember Zelda doesn't necicerily take place in mideiville (sorry, my spelling really sucks :p) times, it's more like it's own era(s)

O

OcarinaKid

I saw its pretty conclusive..besides the 2 who voted monster..these are most certainly aliens. They have a spaceship and everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom