• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Zelda U conspiracy

Aewon

Emperor of the Flesh-Eating Replicators
They lied about Zelda U releasing in 2015 and they probably lied about the reason it was delayed.

Like they "lied" about releasing Ocarina of Time in 1997 and Twilight Princess in 2005? Stuff like this happens all the time. It's called delays.

This however is the era of decline. Nintendo are now doing payed DLC, and this stupid amiibo scam.

As I see it their games today are better than they've ever been since the SNES era. A Link Between Worlds is better than A Link to the Past and Super Mario 3D World is on par with Super Mario World, just to name a few.

What they may also be planning is payed DLC. Unlock death mountain for only $20, unlock Lake Hylia for $15...

Appearantly, you have no idea how DLC works. It doesn't unlock areas that's already in the game. It adds content that never in a million years would have been added to the vanilla game. For example, if they make a Master Quest DLC they can focus on the first quest and then make the Master Quest DLC after the game is done and make the second quest a lot better than it otherwise would have been if it had been available in the vanilla game. The first quest would've also been better as they would've focused on it instead of wasting time on making a second quest.

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
It was never an official release date, it was a projected release date (those should never be took literally). Skyward Sword was projected to be released in 2010, it was actually released in 2011. It happens all the time.
i remember when Skyward Sword was going to be released, I was a freshmen in High School and the girl i was with at the time was surprised I was excited for such a " nerdy game" and it was on the wii. But we had fun playing it.

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
Well cool... I fail to see why this is relevant though.
im just saying, wait and you shall be rewarded. even if the wii u is on its last bit of breath. Star Fox will keep it alive till Zelda wii u comes out. and most likely Zelda will be the wii u's swan song. Look basically SS was the wii's, because Operation Rainfall games were released for a niche market on the wii.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
All I have to say is over all I'm getting a lil tired of buying a system for one Zelda game. Granted the SNES is the best purchase I have made in my 30 years on this world and only got one Zelda game. The GameCube is the only system we have gotten two new Zelda games on. And TP is the bees knees. And way better on the GameCube. The Wii version didn't even have better graphics and had inferior controls. But I digress.

The fact that the only (new) Zelda game to come to the Wii U will most likely be on both the Wii u and the nx is dumb. Actually the fact that they are even talking about a new system already is dumb. Nintendo is dumb. They literally have enough money to have 5 red years without going under. They could do what ever they want and they waste it on these new techs that have little chance of taking off. It has always worked for them in the past, but the times they are a changing. **** tons of money and risk it on a chance of the next big thing....guess I kinda just answered my question. They have the money due to those risks going good in the past. "We got cash to spare, screw it lets try it. We're good"

Lol sorry. I drifted... But I think @G-King is on to something.

ILU

i luv u
Era of decline? Naaah. I don't necessarily buy that Nintendo is taking more time to add more things to Zelda U, but I do believe they delayed it for a very good reason nonetheless: MONEY.

Why release the very first HD Zelda game (TWW doesn't count) a year before the series' 30th anniversary? It makes much more sense to wait until 2016. It's going to be insane marketing and collectibles and all that crazy schnazz in 2016 to celebrate Zelda's 30th.

Nintendo is very clever with their business strategies, and I'm not at all concerned with their decisions. I'm also not concerned with DLC or amiibos. Nintendo won't make it that you can't enjoy one of their core franchises without an Amiibo. However, you can be sure that they're going to make it seem worth your while to purchase one. It'll be one of those things that you can get extra if you want, but you don't have to.

Nintendo is great at making money, and no, Amiibos aren't a scam. They're a very clever way to make money off of people like me who crave that sort of thing. It's kinda like those Nintendo cards my dad collected, only now they can actually do things. I don't really buy any of the non-Zelda ones, but hey, they're available if I want them.

But I'm not worried about certain areas of the game being inaccessible due to DLC. If anything, maybe they'll give us little DLC quests for post-game adventure! I always feel sad when I beat a Zelda game, and I want to be able to adventure a bit after saving the world. Maybe we have a chance at that now that DLC is a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom