• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic The Zelda That Started Your Journey, Secrets I've Kept from Zelda

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello Zelda Dungeon!
I've been a Zelda fan for over a decade.So with such a passion for the series presumably I started from the beginning with the 1986 release of "The Legend Of Zelda"? Actually, no - As much as I've mastered the series over the years, it wasn't until 2000 when the adventure began for me. The release of Majora's Mask created a hype, and after such a hype, I fell in love with the series. A generous relative who essentially "passed the torch" when he left to begin his career entrusted me with a Nintendo 64 - And I brought into my life what would be the two most influential games I've ever played; Zelda - Ocarina Of Time, and Majora's Mask.
Since then, a game series hasn't ever proclaimed the top of my heart - I can't name a single series to date that has so adversely claimed my loyalty. Lets not worry, it hasn't turned to obsession, however I felt this wonderful series deserved justice in terms of its description. With this love of the Zelda world, have I played every single one? No. I'm extremely selective, and until the internet was apparent in my life, I didn't know the existence of any other Zelda games before Ocarina Of Time. I was in a sense Zelda-ignorant. Those two games for the Nintendo 64 grabbed by attention directly, and until later on were the only two that I played. The next was Twilight Princess. At first the new style characters, and the direct jump from a much older system to a new Zelda shocked me. I almost didn't even like it. Then I progressed further in the game to discover that Nintendo had given Twilight Princess the same care that it had given to the rest of the series. The plot was well formulated and the combat was tasteful for all audiences. The characters are developed dynamically and still play on your heartstrings. The beautiful feature of music is brought to us yet again, as well as a love story between Link and Princess Zelda that none can deny. I'm without a doubt confident in the other Zelda games. It seems my fabled wisdom about knowing everything about Zelda came to an end, yet another beginning with my joining Zelda Dungeon. I plan to persue all of the other Zelda Games proudly, and to preserve for my own record, this wonderful series.

My vessels to adventure -

It pleases me to say:
Games Completed: Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess

So forum, where did you start?

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nayrulinkx

Japanese Wannabe
I started not that long ago, actually. The game that brought me into the series of Zelda was The Minish Cap! I've played and liked othe Zelda games before that, but TMC captured me into loving the series. TMC is still my favourite game! ^^

MW7

I started with Link's Awakening on the original gameboy. I was probably 5 or 6 years old when I first started, but I don't think I beat it until I was 11 or so. I started Ocarina of Time a few years after I started LA and finished OOT a few years before LA. Ever since OOT I've been buying the console Zeldas on day one and lately I've been trying to catch up by playing all of the handhelds as well. Majora's Mask is my all time favorite, and my greatest Zelda success story is convincing my friend that he was being ignorant and childish for thinking Wind Waker wouldn't be a good game because of its graphics.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This guy happened to start with Ocarina of Time v1.0, N64 Gold Cart. That game has made me almost insane – I don't accept anyone's opinion if it reads anything like "Ocarina of Time is second best", I feel very protective over a silly game...but it is a GREAT silly game, really immersive and probably the best I've ever played. I didn't fully beat OoT, but I DID beat Ganondorf a LOT of times.

Next, I believe I moved to the Oracles, Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask, I can't remember which was which. It doesn't matter in any rate, because I still consider OoT to be the best Zelda ever, with MM closely behind and I'm pretty sure I'll regard Skyward Sword as the next OoT or MM, though it has some unsightly differences that will just eat at my head, namely the upgrade system and plot structure.

Ocarina of Time started the series off for me. Zelda is my favorite game series ever. It is possible for me to have fun with other games, but they'll never come close to LoZ.

Last edited:
H

Hëradïn

when alttp came out I was 3 years old, I played it. I had no clue what was going on, but I played it. It really wasn't until the 64 came out that I beat a zelda game (and even then it was MM and not OoT) but alttp is what first got me into the series, where I broke my teeth in, if you will. To this point, I have beaten all the "classic" (the ones listed on this forum) zelda games, save AoL, but I am at the second to last palace. Of the "modern" zelda games, I've beaten FS, TMC and TP.

I started with MM when I was six. I had just gotten my N64 and I was looking for a game, and I saw the box art and thought "that looks cool!" I bought it and once I started playing, I was completely hooked. I had already began enjoying videogames, mainly Pokemon, but MM is the game that made me fall in love with gaming. To this day it is my favorite game, I can't even count how many times I've played it. Of course, I eventually bought OoT, and then bought every modern Zelda and slowly collected the classics through remakes. I'm with VanitasXII, I find other games fun, but nothing is equal to Zelda.

It was when my dad bought Ocarina of time from a goodwill around five years ago. Before I had never really heard of the series even! Now I have beaten

Ocarina of Time
Ocarina of Time 3D
Links Awakening
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
Minish Cap

And I'm working on a bunch...

B

Blaze Hero

I started with Ocarina of Time shortly after it was released in the states. My friend told me about it, and I'd only ever heard of Link from Super Smash Bros., not really knowing anything about him (I only played SSB to play as Pikachu at the time >__>). When I first played Ocarina of Time, I played through the Deku Tree with my friend guiding me through it. I thought it was cool, but it wasn't until I ventured into Hyrule Field that I really got a sense of how big this adventure would be. I fell in love immediately.

Since then, I have played every Zelda game except for Link's Crossbow Training, which... is a bit of a stretch to call a game. I have finished (in order of release date):

~The Legend of Zelda
~A Link to the Past
~Link's Awakening/DX
~Ocarina of Time/GCN Port/Master Quest/3D
~Majora's Mask
~The Wind Waker
~Twilight Princess
~Phantom Hourglass

G

garomaster

The first Zelda game I remember playing was Ocarina of Time, but I was never really allowed to play it that much (my mom ALWAYS was playing it lol). It wasn't until I got a gameboy advance that i started my own Zelda collection starting with the NES classics. From there I got Minish Cap and so forth. Today I own all the Zelda games (exempt the cd-i games) and I am still in the progress of completing them all. Order of completion is as follows:

The Legend of Zelda
The Minish Cap
A Link to the Past
Links Awakening
Oracle of Ages
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Phantom Hourglass
Four Swords
Spirit Tracks
Twilight Princess
Oracle of Seasons
Adventures of Link

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Playing The Legend of Zelda for almost 20 years now. Starting with the age of 5 or 6 with the first Zelda. Never played the secong on the NES.
The first Zelda I've played through was A Link to the Past.

Zelda Games I've played through:

The Legend of Zelda

A Link to the Past

Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time 3D

Phantom Hourglass

Twilight Princess

Currently playing Spirit Tracks (almost there), Wind Waker and Links Awakening on the 3DS Virtual Console.

the first Zelda game I played was Alttp on the GBA, but I never beat it (my brother did thou) and Later MC, but i wasn't hooked until I played Twilight Princess in 2009 I think.

S

sf8

I started with OoT a few days or so after it's American release. Though I was young, I can still remember the joy I got from roaming Hyrule Field on Epona, and the satisfaction of completely destorying Ganon/dorf. The scenery was amazing, it had deserts, lakes, even volcanoes. It was a little compact world, though with the potential for adventure as if the areas were as large as real life locations. Not many games can pull that off. Imo, the most beautiful Zelda game to date, and the best. I have so many memories of this game, and it got me into not only Zelda, but gaming in general.~<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom