• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Zelda Series Can Relate to Anything!

So I'm just sitting here typing an essay for West Point. The question for the essay is mostly along the lines of "What qualities do you think are important for an officer in the Army?". I wrote the essay and printed it out, then proceeded to play some Majora's Mask to work on my 100% completion... After about an hour, I took a look at my essay to make some corrections after having some time off, and I realized the qualities I picked came straight from the Triforce! I didn't even plan this, it just came to me naturally: strength (power), wisdom, and courage. That's what my whole essay is about. Hopefully the admissions officer that reads my essay is a die hard Zelda fan (very unlikely) and gets a good kick out of it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this with you guys. When in doubt, apparently you can just turn to Zelda for some inspiration without even realizing it. As the weird blue dude whose house we broke into once said: "If all else fails, use [Zelda]".

Haha I'm just glad someone actually read this. I hoped I would help someone out, or something. But really it's just a cool story, I thought this is one place I should share it.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Haha that's cool, KB.
I vaguely recall writing literally 50+ essays for college/scholarship applications(i've tried to erase it from my memory), but I never thought of the values instilled into me by video games! Perhaps that is because I was into that loser Mario who's only quality is hunger to get into Peach's pants.

btw, Good Luck on your whole West Point thing!

Thanks Green! Haha Yeah I'm just starting what I know will probably turn out to be a mountain of college admissions essays... kinda depressing to think about :/ But it's gotta get done. I'm not sure if Mario has any life lessons to teach.... unless you're into mushrooms and kicking turtle shells around. There's not exactly a market for that in the realm of college degrees lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom