• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Zelda Fandom

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I was thinking last night that fans of Dr. Who call themselves Whovians and then there are Bronies who are fans of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, but what about The Legend of Zelda's Fan base? Should we find a name to call ourselves (in a similar way to Whovian or Bronie) inorder to identify each other? If so what would be a good name, I was thinking some thing like "Hylian".

What do you guys think?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Things like that tend to happen "organically".

I agree, when we get fandom terms, it tends to be because there's one word in the fandom that unites everyone under one banner, and they either use that word as an identifyer or some variation of it.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
There are two kinds of fans of Zelda-

1. People who where Zelda shirts and necklaces but little to know connection to the games

2. People who have the Zelda games and are on sites like Zelda Dungeon. Also, a Skyward Sword Wii Mote is an automatic sign of a hardcore fan in my book, I don't have a name for us, but we are, at the very least, hardcore fans.

Idk, we could call ourselves Zeldites or something?

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
There are two kinds of fans of Zelda-

1. People who where Zelda shirts and necklaces but little to know connection to the games

2. People who have the Zelda games and are on sites like Zelda Dungeon. Also, a Skyward Sword Wii Mote is an automatic sign of a hardcore fan in my book, I don't have a name for us, but we are, at the very least, hardcore fans.

Idk, we could call ourselves Zeldites or something?

I guess I'm not hardcore then :|

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I truly hate terms like true fan, hardcore fan, fake fan, and anything related to them. If you like something, you are a fan. I know a lot about the twilight series but I am by no means a fan. I love the Yugioh manga and anime but couldn't tell you anything about the card game. And gee, I WOULD have all of the zelda merchendise if I had money, but I still love the hell out of the games and research obsessively.

There is no hierarchy when it comes to fandoms. Either you casually like something, you love something, or you don't give a damn about it. And certainly nobody gets to tell you what kind of fan you are just by what products you have.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If you love something, you love it. It doesn't matter in what way you choose to show it, and I don't like the distinction between fans.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I've never been insulted by the word nerd or geek but dork has always been offensive to me. However, Zeldorks has such a nice ring to it, all my negative feelings for the dork part seem to have vanished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom