• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Worst Zelda Item

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
No.
In Phantom Hourglass, you can get the New Hero's Clothes but you can't really do anything with them.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
The Dominion Rod from Twilight Princess. I only used it twice outside the Temple of Time. You never actually had to use it in any battles or to solves puzzles besides ones that didn't require much thinking. Really boring. :/

Pikacondon

Title.
In my opinion, the Whirlwind in ST you only used for the current dungeon,then it is completely useless. then, the Gust Jar in MC, it only was used in Deepwood shrine, then there's no real need to use it again. I am only listing useless items from games I played, I'll give a list: LTTP, PH,ST,MC,TP,OOS,LA,FS. so now you know why I didn't list the Giant's Knife or the Telescope.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I dunno, I used that net to grab me a whole lot of fairies to keep me alive during tough battles, and a bee that one time because it will kill some enemies for you.

I keep wanting to say "Book of Mudora", but that at least opens a path, and lets you get 2 magic-eating items. Though it is otherwise just an added filler in your inventory. The blue boomerang's pretty bad though. Useful if painfully pathetic in range.

Crono

Hylian Rebel
Hmm well I never really cared for the bombchus.

But I would have to say, a tie between, the deku nuts, deku sticks, farore's wind, dominion rod, magic armor in TP (only if it used magic and not rupees :/), and the slingshot.

Alar

Clothed in Green
well has any body listened to me like what I've said

I don't think any body can think of the worst Zelda item, anyway what are you judging it on it's abilities or its appearance because if there really was a "worst" Zelda item , then no one would really remember what it was, because i myself know there had been items that i have used once and that was it, but for the life of me i just cannot remember what it was , maybe it was so bad that i just forgot about it. And some people say that items like Farores wind was really bad and useless but it has became so bad it's good because it has became sort of an icon where people say it's useless, people who have never played the game want to get this notorious item , and then will probably use it quite frequently so where people say it's the worst , not the most useless because this thread is about the worst Zelda items, they simply are wrong because i now use Farores wind quite frequently because of all the hype it has had by people saying that it was the worst Zelda item.
So as i was saying i don't think that any body can call an item useless, without extensive research, because any item that they actually think of as being the "worst" Zelda item obviously isn't, it may be the most "useless" but not the worst, remember that this thread is discussing the worst not the most useless Zelda items.An item that is useless can also be the worst but it doesn't have to be because if people think of it as the worst , like Farores wind, it will turn into one of the best.

Alar:)

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Alar: You say that Farore's Wind is less useless because of all the hype, but it doesn't sound like that's really the case. You're using it more because of the hype, but that doesn't mean the item is more practical. It just means you're utilising an otherwise unnecessary tool because so many other people aren't using it. It's an optional tool not necessary to complete the game, and I can see why people find it useless. I can think of a few examples where it could be useful, but its still not necessary. Personally I'd imagine it'd be at its most useful in the water temple, and possibly the spirit temple. But I don't recall if you can actually get the item before the water temple so that may be a moot point.

Hype and disdain for an item doesn't make an item less useless. All it does is raise awareness of said item.

At the same time I'm still struggling to think of an item I can honestly call 'useless' or terrible (including Farore's wind, for the record). As I said most items in these games, even the optional ones, have specific uses, if only for side-quests. Even items I want to call bad aren't bad in concept, only in player interaction.

All you guys who are hating on farore's wind, the boomerang, and deku nuts obviously have never tried to speed run OOT and those who are against TP items like ball and chain, spinner, and dominion rod don't appreciate how cool those things are. I'd have to say the gust jar from MC, that was just a terrible idea for an item concept. I think MC had the strangest zelda items ever (except for Roc's cape which was frickin sweet!).

Djinn

and Tonic
I can still find many uses for Deku nuts and sticks. In some instances the stick can do a decent amount of damage, plus it helps in lighting torches in too many places.

I would have to say the Spinner. It is only useful in the certain specific areas you are required to use it to advance in the dungeon. And even then it is terrible at that job. Everywhere else it is some useless floaty platform that is a weak excuse for the hover boots or Roc's feather. And has horrible controls that all too often drop Link off cliffs or into pits. In every other area that it could be used in for heart pieces, etc. The Roc's cape would still be a better choice and much easier to use.

Then there is the idea that a magical cape named after a mythical creature might fit more in a fantasy setting than some weird technological top thing that resembles a beyblade a little too much.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
I can't think of a single time I've found Deku Nuts useful. Farore's Wind, honestly, is quite useful. Not only can it be used as an effective saving point but in certain places can also be used to prevent painful backtracking, especially in places like the Water Temple. Not game-changingly useful, but certainly not the worst. Honestly, Din's Fire was more useless; it looked cool, but its only real use was in the Shadow Temple in that one room. It doesn't do much damage to enemies in general and it eats up magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom