• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The World Beyond the Game

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
For those of you who grew up playing video games, did anyone else think there was more to see beyond the boundaries of the game?

I remember as a kid I always wanted to explore what was beyond Hyrule. XD

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Absolutely! I was 4 when I played OOT for the first time. I didn't realise there were limits to how far you could go and that over the hills in the distance was inaccessible and that the cliffs were just 2D renders hiding an endless sky.

I don't think I'll ever feel that again because I know how games are made now and I know there are limits to what can be accessed and explored.

Yeah i did. Especially with games that had maps like ALttP's. I always wanted to know what was beyond tbe borders.

It happens terribly in WWm i never want to stop exploring that world and the world doesnt look to have borders or walls when youre sailing to the edge of the map which makes it all the more painful :(

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah i did. Especially with games that had maps like ALttP's. I always wanted to know what was beyond tbe borders.

It happens terribly in WWm i never want to stop exploring that world and the world doesnt look to have borders or walls when youre sailing to the edge of the map which makes it all the more painful :(

I had an action replay device once and tried to explore WW's hyrule by moon jumping. I hoped it was a real land that could be explored but it is mostly just fake and you fall to your death if you try to land on most of it.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Never cared too much, actually. I'm curious, but don't think about it for more than a second

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do remember as a child I'd always want to know what was beyond the horizon, or hidden on the other side of whatever mountainous obstacles marked the edge of the observable world. Back in the days when I was a very young kid, before I had access to the internet and before I really understood why I couldn't go any further I'd often try and think of a way to get around.

I recall seeing a video about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl when they were the latest games in the series. The video was showing someone using an action replay to explore what was actually hidden in the un-reachable areas of the map and I found it really interesting. I didn't ever get my hands on an action replay though so the video was all I had for that.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I do remember as a child I'd always want to know what was beyond the horizon, or hidden on the other side of whatever mountainous obstacles marked the edge of the observable world. Back in the days when I was a very young kid, before I had access to the internet and before I really understood why I couldn't go any further I'd often try and think of a way to get around.

I recall seeing a video about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl when they were the latest games in the series. The video was showing someone using an action replay to explore what was actually hidden in the un-reachable areas of the map and I found it really interesting. I didn't ever get my hands on an action replay though so the video was all I had for that.

I had an action replay. I actually found a hidden meadow with a Shaymin in it by wandering around in the ocean in D&P. It was somewhere in the far right corner of the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom