• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

the witcher 3

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Wait. The person said:
Jonathan McIntosh said:
Geralt from Witcher 3 is emotionally deficient in the extreme. Never cries or laughs. Never expresses grief, fear, sadness or vulnerability.

So we can assume they've never even played a Witcher game, let alone Witcher 3? Because that's definitely not Geralt. I'd stop reading right there! God forbid somebody writing an opinion piece actually knows what they're talking about...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It looks interesting, I might purchase it but Idk. If you were rating it what rating would you give it?

In its own genre, at least, 10/10. A score many places also gave it. If you like fantasy RPGs with an epic story behind them and an open-world full of stuff to do you won't find much better, and there's not many games which manage to deliver both those things, especially not at the scale Witcher 3 does (dat current-gen sauce). It does have some great writing behind it and you'll be making decisions which make quite a difference to how the story plays out, but it is quite chatty if you're not into that. But I would recommend it, very fun!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
In its own genre, at least, 10/10. A score many places also gave it. If you like fantasy RPGs with an epic story behind them and an open-world full of stuff to do you won't find much better, and there's not many games which manage to deliver both those things, especially not at the scale Witcher 3 does (dat current-gen sauce). It does have some great writing behind it and you'll be making decisions which make quite a difference to how the story plays out, but it is quite chatty if you're not into that. But I would recommend it, very fun!

Thanks Merc. I think I might go ahead and buy it.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Wait. The person said:

So we can assume they've never even played a Witcher game, let alone Witcher 3? Because that's definitely not Geralt. I'd stop reading right there! God forbid somebody writing an opinion piece actually knows what they're talking about...
Plus there are the Witcher Mutations as well. What a dolt.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Patch is coming today. It is going to fix the unlimited loading screen issue I have been experiencing when doing a certain quest. So glad to be able to crack on with the main story.

Terminus

After beating the main game, there's not a lot to do beside mop up some leftover low-level quests. How on earth can you legitimately level up enough to use the level 46 swords?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
After beating the main game, there's not a lot to do beside mop up some leftover low-level quests. How on earth can you legitimately level up enough to use the level 46 swords?

There is 30 hours of quests that are coming out, one this winter and one next year

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
There is 30 hours of quests that are coming out, one this winter and one next year

Can't wait for those expansions to release. Just wonder where they'll be set. I'm hoping at least one of them will be around Kaedwen or Upper Aedirn, perhaps Loc Muinne too, so we can see what's become of it after Witcher 2 and re-visit my babe Iorveth. I suppose it's a pipe dream to hope we might be able to go to Zerrikania, there's very little reason why Geralt would ever go there so I doubt we'll ever see it, but it would be great. I'd just like to see somewhere with a desert landscape, like we fleetingly saw during the game since it looked great.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Can't wait for those expansions to release. Just wonder where they'll be set. I'm hoping at least one of them will be around Kaedwen or Upper Aedirn, perhaps Loc Muinne too, so we can see what's become of it after Witcher 2 and re-visit my babe Iorveth. I suppose it's a pipe dream to hope we might be able to go to Zerrikania, there's very little reason why Geralt would ever go there so I doubt we'll ever see it, but it would be great. I'd just like to see somewhere with a desert landscape, like we fleetingly saw during the game since it looked great.
One of them is in a new region called Toussaint I dont know what that place is like but its known for its wine apparently.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
One of them is in a new region called Toussaint I dont know what that place is like but its known for its wine apparently.

Oh, awesome. I suppose they chose that as it's not so far away to be impossible for Geralt to travel to, and Nilfgaard has no claim on it. :) Good! Screw Nilfgaard.

I've really been getting an itch to replay this game (again). I was just thinking about how great the atmosphere and music is in this game.

I also have my 2 980 ti's so I can finally play it in 2560x1440 on Ultra.

That and #TEAMTRISS!!!!!

Terminus

Oh yeah actually I'll wait till all the DLC is out to replay it, but that's a good excuse to replay Witcher 2! I would play 1 but man it really doesn't hold up as well.
TW1... ugh that did not age well. TW2 fared better but I still had the hardest time getting anywhere and it was disheartening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom