• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wind Waker is pretty dark, in hindsight.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oh I know about some of the dark themes...the problem IS the graphic style. That's why I'm not fond of tWW's style tbh. OoT, MM, tWW, TP....they're all lighthearted games IMO. The difference is that OoT, MM, and TP could have dark moments. tWW....couldn't. Either because the graphic style wasn't suited for or because they put in slapstick at the worst moments.

Oh I know about some of the dark themes...the problem IS the graphic style. That's why I'm not fond of tWW's style tbh. OoT, MM, tWW, TP....they're all lighthearted games IMO. The difference is that OoT, MM, and TP could have dark moments. tWW....couldn't. Either because the graphic style wasn't suited for or because they put in slapstick at the worst moments.
Twilight Princess also put in comical stuff at the worst moments, like the Barnes headgear gag when Bulblin attacked Kakariko Village, the Armogohma eyeball-chase with the funny music, and Zant dancing around in the final confrontation. I don't think it detracted from the game's quality; they were funny moments, but it did make the scenes less dark and serious than they could've been.
Well, just imagine if TP and WW swapped graphics; that's what some of us mean by WW being dark, but I understand if you just can't look past the cartoon graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom